Chapter 4 A Great Morning

Start from the beginning

A slight blush creeps its way onto my cheeks. "Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black" I reply to him with a smile.

Luka then sits up across the blanket from me, yawns, and stretches out his arms. "Good morning Sophie, how did you sleep last night?" He asks me still with a bit of yawn in his voice, as he gently slaps his hand down on his knee.

"Let me just say this, better now that you're back here with me" I simply reply. "You?" I then ask him.

"Pretty much the same" He replies to me. "Hey Sophie, did you dye your hair, or something?" Luka asks me, sounding a bit curious.

I shake my head. "No, it just naturally darkened, simple as that" I reply. "Anyways. Speaking of looking great, Luka you look, amazing" I say with a wide smile, so wide that I'm pretty sure that he can see my back row of teeth.

"I told you I looked as impressive as my wolf did" He tells me.

"Yes I know you did, but when I first woke up this morning, I was left stunned" I say

"Yeah, I felt you rubbing your hand up my chest, but I didn't say anything" Luka says.

I then feel my cheeks get warmer as they redden, I then look up slightly. "Oh my gosh, Luka" I put my hand over my mouth for a moment, before I slowly remove it. "You have hair again" I finally get out with a gasp, even though I already saw it when I first sat up. I'm just trying to change the subject.

'Oh yeah, I do, but it's not growing back as fast as I would like it to" Luka says, running his hand through his short brown locks

"Well, that is not surprising considering that your scalp was burned with silver" I say, using my medical tone.

"Yes, I know, but it's still better than having nothing on my head at all' Luka says, bringing his hand back down, the room goes silent for a moment as Luka just looks at me smiling.

"What?" I finally ask him.

"You look so much like your mother Luka replies, sweetly.

"Thank you" I say as I drop my head slightly, as I do though I see something swaying back and forth on the other end of the wall out of the corner of my eye. "Oh and speaking of mother's, I have something for you, wait here just for one moment" I tell him as I hold out my pointer finger as I stand up. I walk over towards the wall in question and take Luka's necklace off the hook, I then hide it behind my back as I walk back over to the blanket. I walk a little closer to Luka, and pull the necklace from behind my back and hold it out to him. "I have the one thing your mother gave to you, and now, I want to give it back to whom it rightfully belongs" I say as I sit down.

In that split second, Luka's face lights up like a tree on Christmas morning. "You kept this to, after all these months" He then says with a soft smile.

"Of course I did, Luka. You entrusted me with this for safe keeping, and kept it safe I have" I tell him.

"Sophie, would you like to put it on me?" Luka asks me, I smile, remembering the last time I got asked to do this.

"It will be my honor Luka" I reply as I then scoot my body over, even closer towards him. I then unclasp the two ends, gently place them around Luka's neck, and then clasp them back together the best that I can. "There you go, now is your life complete?" I ask.

"It sure is" He replies adjusting the necklace around his neck, then he pauses for a moment, and then Luka speaks up again. "Now that I'm back home with you" Luka then finishes with a big smile on his face.

There it is, that's my Luka, I think to myself. He's still the kindest, sweetest, most gentlest, pure soul in the entire world. The kind of guy that always has a smile on his face, and yet he still has a spirit that some wolves around my pack say can never be broken, I smile and bring Luka into a hug. Luka's arms then wrap around my body in a comforting embrace, the heat from my mate's body surrounds me and overwhelms my senses in a way no other wolf's can. It's the sign of our bond, our mate bond.