Chapter #18: Not A White Lie

It didn't take long for Ben to notice us at all. He caught me staring at him and decided that it was a good idea to come and sit with us. Nobody said anything which made the situation became much worse. It's getting more and more awkward as seconds goes by. At this point, I didn't feel like talking to him. Melanie on the other is pretty chill about everything. She decided to talk to Ben as soon as she noticed the awkward silence.

"Oh I didn't know you came to LA, Ben" She started the conversation with a forced smile and increase her volume when she said his name with sarcasm.

"Yeah.....surprise huh?" Ben's expression turned from happy to upset after he saw Melanie's attitude toward him. He stopped looking at her eyes and stared at the floor once he finished his sentence. It made me feel sorry for him because none of this was his fault.

Melanie shrugged and ate her croissant carelessly ignoring his whole appearance. She's playing hard to get again. I sipped my coffee and had another bite of my sweet brownie. Ben looked at me and smirked like a jackass. I suddenly remembered all the horrible things he used to say to me. Even though he knew that I am Melanie's bestfriend, he still act like a jerk to me and mock me every single time he gets a chance to. He treat me like a piece of shit. But I'm such a forgiving person so I let those things slide. Right now, he's giving me the look. The look that made me cringe and wanna punch him so bad. At first, I can't believe why Melanie would date a cocky guy like him and I'm secretly glad that they broke up.

"Look at you, Tiffany. Still a virgin" He laughed at his own joke. He basically making fun of me in front of this whole people. Luckily, nobody seemed to care or give a fuck so we're good. I'm not gonna kill him just yet.

It's true that I'm still a virgin but I'm proud. I never want to rush into those kind of kinky stuff. Everyone did it in college except me and I didn't feel forced to do it at all. I got to admit that I'm a little old now but still I won't let it get in my way. I'm sure the day will come once I'm ready.

What important now is I didn't know how to respond back. I can't find something smart to say. I don't want to lie but also don't want to admit that I'm still single. My eyes were wide opened at first but now it became furrowed because of anger. A white lie won't hurt. I can't let Ben win all the time.

"Fuck you Ben. I have a boyfriend" I responded with the most angry tone possible. I don't want him to figure out that I was lying. I'm a really bad liar when I got nervous. But now I'm more mad so I have to make it sound as believable as I could.

Ben didn't seem to believe me just as I expected. Do I look like I have a boyfriend? Everyone tell me I look single as fuck. It doesn't even make sense. What was that suppose to mean? They're just making up phrases. Ben chuckled while Melanie stared at me with eyes wide opened. She didn't believe what just came out of my mouth. Even I myself can't believe it either. Who would want to be my boyfriend?

"You? Boyfriend? Okay then.....mind telling me about your first date?" He bursted out laughing even more. I got even more angry so I avoided him and looked at Melanie to get some help. Melanie gave me this 'what the fuck are you doing' look and sipped her coffee. I rolled my eyes and wiped out my phone.

"Why would I tell you? It's none of your business. Get a life" I sat back and crossed my legs while texting Daniel on my phone. I really need his help in order to win over this asshole. I politely pleaded Daniel to pretend like my lover and asked him if he's free so he could come to this Café. It's not that far from his apartment so I guess it won't take long.

"Get a boyfriend" Ben put his hand inside his pocket and ordered a cup of coffee once the waiter walked across our table.

"You'll see" I said confidently while smirking at him. I don't smirk much but when I do you know something is going down. Eventually, Daniel agreed to help me. It wasn't that hard to ask for his favor since he's a player. It almost feel like he's been waiting for this moment his whole life. Whatever it is I don't care anymore. All I know is that I'm gonna win this guy that was sitting next to me and I'm gonna get him hard.

Ten minutes later, Daniel came through the glass door. Everyone started staring at his charming appearance and probably admiring how hot he is inside of their head right now. Sorry people he's mine now. Daniel looked like he just finished working. He wore his black suit as always. His jawline was perfectly structured and his brunette hair made his ocean blue eyes popped even more. He has a smirk on his face and started winking at young girl forgetting what he was suppose to be doing here.

He looked around the Café trying to spot me so I raised my hand up as I'm calling out his name. Daniel readjusted his tie and walked toward our table with a million dollars smile. Once he got closer, he noticed Ben sitting next to me and his expression changed from happy to angry. Melanie was even more shocked than before. She looked at me then Daniel then back at me trying to find answer to all of this. Don't worry Mel I'll tell you later.

I didn't tell Daniel who this man is and I'm sure I didn't tell him to act angry at all but why did his face expression change so fast once he see Ben? I bet he's really good at acting. Daniel walked toward Ben and glared at him with disgusts.

"Who are you?" Daniel asked.

"I'm the one who should ask you. Who are you?" Ben stood up like he's about to fight with Daniel. Shit. Maybe calling Daniel here is a mistake. I didn't want any bad blood between them. I just want Daniel to act sweet to me to prove Ben that he's wrong about me being single. I didn't expect him to act mad and bossy. Comparing Daniel and Ben together, they both look charming and dreamy. Daniel is a young CEO and Ben is a young surgeon at a very famous hospital in Arizona. I would date Ben if he's not an asshole and didn't date my bestfriend.

"Are you messing with my girlfriend?" Daniel asked.

"Tiffany? You're her boyfriend?" Ben looked at me with anger. He didn't think I would call him here and trying to beat the shit out of him.

"Listen buddy, If you mess with my girlfriend one more time, I'll break every bones in your body and put you in a garbage bag then throw you in the river. You wanna know who I am? I'm Daniel Hart, The CEO of Utopia. Memorize that and put some respect on my name" Daniel pointed at Ben and warned him. Ben is being threaten and it's my fault. I was once happy and chill now I became frozen and scared of what to do next. Everything Daniel said was so real. My body heated up. Not sure if it because his words melt my heart or scared the shit out of me.

Melanie was more than shocked. She was looking at this whole situation without even blinking. This drew everyone attention included the waiters and the manager. Nobody came to stop them instead they just sat there and watch like it was some kind of reality TV show. My face turned white and my body was tensed. I watched Ben stomped out of the Café with hatred and anger. He look like he would come back and get his revenge on Daniel.

Daniel readjusted his suit this time and turned to look at me. His eyes were trying to tell me something. They were serious. He furrowed stared at me deep to my soul sending chills down my spine and goosebumps on my skin. The warm atmosphere suddenly turned cold. I just stood there staring back at him nervously.

"Don't go anywhere near that man again" Daniel said and left the Café in a blink of an eyes. Melanie and I both stood there trying to process the whole thing that just happened. It was insane and strange.

Is he really care for me or just acting tough in front of my bestfriend?