Chapter One: Percy

Hello my dearest readers! If you are reading this you are officially awesome. If not...then...Meh. I'll live. Anyway, thank you for being patient guys! I've been brainstorming for days now, so i've got some good ideas for this story! And sorry about my other story-House of Hades book two: Beautiful Destruction- which is on hold. I just want to do this story first. I hope that's okay. 

Remember to COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I accept constructive criticism, so feel free to point out my mistakes!

Vote if u likey! :D

Rosa xxxx

 Percy would’ve been lying if he said he was fine about the whole Tartarus thing.

Firstly, the weighing sense of guilt on his chest was getting more prominent with every pounding of his heart. Bob the Titan, who had saved Percy and Annabeth countlessly, had closed the Doors of Death for them.

Secondly, there were the dreams. They weren’t just memories of Tartarus; they were something more. Percy would wake up in the night shivering and gasping, covered in a sickly layer of cold sweat.

Lastly, and by far the most withering factor, was the feeling in his heart when he looked at Annabeth’s pale and gaunt face. It was his fault she was like this. He should’ve supported her more. It was his fault that he would hear her screams whilst she dreamt of dark, bloody places with monsters lurking in the shadows…

“Dude.” A hand waved in front of his face. “Back to reality, Fish Sticks.”

Percy blinked as he was jolted back to reality. His hands were clenched tightly on the Argo2’s railing, the sea spray was in his face, his head was bowed with strands of his dark hair in his eyes…And Leo was waving a hand in front of his face.

Percy lifted his head incredulously to stare at Leo. “Fish Sticks?

Leo shrugged. His eyes darted to the side, not wanting to meet Percy’s eyes. “It could’ve been worse. I was tempted to call you Crab Sticks. Or…or Aqua Man.”

Percy raised an eyebrow. “Aqua Man?” He repeated.

“Yeah! You know…like, Run away in terror with my awesome powers of water!

Percy cracked a smile. “What should I call you? Burner Boy?”

Leo pretended to look offended. “I still think Supreme Commander of the Argo2 has a ring to it.”

“Repair Boy!” Piper shouted from below deck.

Percy laughed. It felt good to just mess around with some friends.

“Seaweed Brain!” A disembodied voice said from behind Percy.

He whirled around to find Annabeth holding her Yankees baseball cap with a wide smile on her face, which was a pleasant surprise after Tartarus.

Percy raised his eyebrows enquiringly at the hat in her hand. “I thought it broke or something?”

Annabeth smiled. “It did. But then I tried it on this morning, and it actually worked.” The happiness in her sparkling grey eyes subsided a little along with her smile, and Percy could see the same broken look he’d noticed while they were in Tartarus. “Can I talk to you, Percy?”

The question caught Percy by surprise. “Sure.” He said.

She grabbed his hand and led them away from the others so that they couldn’t eavesdrop.