Chapter 20

Immelia - Chapter 20

I step out of the airport as my breath fogged up the air. Joe steps on beside me patting my head. I pull my cardigan closer. I didn't think is be this cold. I feel a jacket fall on my shoulders. I look over to Joe with only his long sleeve button up on. I hug him. Just to give him some sort of warmth before I hear a car hooting at us.
It was Gracia.
Gracia is my childhood friend. We were neighbours since I was 7. She offered to pick us up from the airport and let use crash her house. She was awfully into rock and metal music. She was what you'd call 'scene'.
"Get in awesome nerds." She said jerking her thumb towards the backseat. Joe and I slide into the backseat.
"Thanks again for letting us crash at your house."
"No problem Emmy." She says winking into the rearview mirror. I laugh. I look over to Joe who was staring out at the scenery.
"Want to stop off anywhere awesome nerds?" Gracia ask and we hit the high way.
"Why do you call us 'awesome nerds'?" Joe ask still staring at the scenery.
"It's a thing." I say holding his hand.
We reach Gracia's house on no time. We take out luggages into her house as she brought us into our room. It was beautifully decorated. The room was painted black with galaxy wallpaper on one wall. The furniture was all white. The contrast was beautiful and the king size bed sheets were royal blue. The floors were carpeted.
I hopped on the bed and fell asleep.