Chapter 1

Immelia - Chapter 1

"Sayonara(さようなら)Master!" I said to the last customer. I worked in a maid café to pay my expenses. I lived alone, away from my parents. I was a 5 foot 6 Australian who wanted independence in the UK.

After my shift, I went round back to throw the trash and get changed so I could go home. I took out the trash and grabbed my clothes from my locker. I had a ridiculous Australian accent and hazel hair which was dip-dyed neon pink. I immediately took off my uniform and put on a long sleeved hoddie shirt and a pair of light blue ripped jeans. I walked out the back door just about to walk home when my phone rang. "Hello? Zoe?"

"Immelia! Everything's wrong!"

"What happened? I'm coming over!" I said running out to the main road trying to catch a taxi.

"We broke up! Again!" She said balling her eyes out. At that time I caught a taxi and said "be there in 10 minutes!" I told the taxi driver the streets to turn at and soon I reached her house.

I rung the bell and a guy with sort of blondish hair opened the door. "Oh. You must be Immelia. My sister talks about you all the time. Come in!" I walk in and followed Zoe's cries up to her bedroom. "Zoe! What did he do this time?"

"H-h-h-he c-c-cheated again!" She managed to get out. "Girl, he's no good for you! If he leaves you, so be it! He doesn't deserve you anyways. What he leaving for?" Even though I was 1 year younger that Zoe, she was still my best friend. We had been friends for the longest time. She had managed to wipe off her tears and make out a smile. "Thanks M." I smiled at her. She loved calling me M. I didn't know why. It was about 6:45 pm, I walked downstairs getting ready to leave when I heard a voice. "You're not staying for dinner?" I looked up and saw that guy at the stove. "Nah, I've got to go home and study. Sorry!" He was kinda cute. He was Zoe's brother I suppose. "By the way, I'm Joe."

"I'm Immelia, as you probably already know. Here's my number in case Zoe feels bad again, just call me." I took a nearby pen and scribbled down my number and passed it to him. "Will do. Thanks!" I smiled and walked out.

Omg! His eyes were gorgeous! I walked home alone and my shadow faded as the sun set in beautiful shades of oranges, pinks and yellows.

When I reached home, it was about 7. I took a quick shower and cooked up some fried chicken noodles. I brought the plate of noodles up to my room. I opened my laptop and took out my sketchbook. I went on YouTube and searched up some of Zoe's videos. As I watched her video, I sketched out a drawing of a red carpet worthy design of wedding dress. It was our assignment. I finished the design soon enough. As I scrolled through Zoe's videos, I came across a YouTube innuendo bingo video with Alfie Deyes. It was Joe and Alfie. I clicked on the video curious to find out what sort of videos Joe made.

I was laughing so hard my cheeks were sore. I was in collage studying fashion. I picked out the color pallet for the dress and the material and prepared to sleep. Tomorrow was a Sunday. That meant I was free! Just as I got into bed, my phone rang. It was an unknown number. Huh..

"Hello?"

"Hello Immelia? It's Joe."

"Hey Joe!"

"Would you like to go for coffee or something?"

"Sure! When?"

"Tomorrow, 1pm? Meet me at my place?"

"Okie! See you!"

I was looking foreword to getting to know Joe better. He seemed like a cool guy.