Homefront

"Robin, that's all for today's patrol. You can head over to the mountain if you wish."

"Got it." The Boy Wonder smiled as the satisfaction of a day of patrol kicked in.

It had been two days since he lied to Bruce and he had received no sign of the Court of Owls watching him, so his fear his had resided slightly. Perhaps, they had no idea of his current location and merely knew that he had once been in Biayla.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case as he heard the sound of footsteps bounce of the walls on the seemingly isolated alleyway.

Robin was quick to turn around, preparing for battle, but no one was there.

Though in the place of where a person should have been, there was a slip of paper.

Robin snatched it from the ground and immediately scanner the words typed across the thin paper.

Richard,

I am most pleased that you were able to keep our previous message a secret. I knew that you were still loyal to the Court of Owls.
That being said, you need to return immediately. Yes, there will be consequences, especially after what occurred with the Talon, but it needs to be done. I have decided to take this peaceful approach in hopes that you will see the mistakes you have made, and if you cannot realize the error of your ways and return willingly, I believe the Court will have to take a more hostile approach. Unfortunately, we will only need you to return. You must disregard our previous orders to murder Bruce Wayne and we will not be asking of you to murder your... Teammates. Since, of course, a Talons first kill must be decided by high rankings in the Court of Owls. Do heed these words.

W.C.

"No... No, no, no... Leave me alone! What do you want from me?!" He yelled, not expecting an answer. He was sure that his Uncle had left by now, but he couldn't help it but yell.

He felt completely helpless, almost as if the world of crumbling beneath his feet.

Still loyal

No.

No.

He wasn't still loyal... He had ran from them. Betrayed them. Had one simple lie made him loyal to the Court of Owls?

Robin wanted to just curl up on the spot. To stay there forever without fearing the Court of Owls or the safety of his loved ones, but he knew that it wasn't that simple. He knew that he would have to fight through the pain if he ever wanted a normal life.

So, with that in mind, Robin crumbled the note in his hand and headed towards the nearest zeta-tube. He was tired of being afraid of them.

"When I get back, I'll even tell Bruce the truth." He silently announced.

Upon arrival, he noticed a familiar archer. He forced a smirk onto his face,"Artemis!"

She jumped back surprised,"Robin. I uh..."

"How random that you're in Gotham City instead of Star City where your Uncle Green Arrow lives." He knew the truth about her past and who she was, but he wasn't just going to tell her. What would be the fun in that?