Bonds

Robin slowly opened his eyes only to close them once again as bright fluorescent lights stung his eyes. After waiting for them to dilate, he observed his surroundings. He found himself in a infirmary room. He was wearing no shirt, revealing his many scars, and a bandage wrapped around his torso, where the blade had been plunged.

He then noticed the one handcuff keeping him bound to the bed he was on. Seriously...?
His utility belt and most of his weapons had been taken and placed on the other side of the room, which was out of his reach. Though at least Batman had decided to keep Robins mask on.

"You're awake." Robin jumped, wincing as he leaned on his wounds.

"Where am I?"

"The mountain." He walked up to Robin and then undid the handcuff, freeing Robins hand.

"Why are you helping me? When I got shot, you saved me. Now you're helping me again."

"My job is to help people. No matter who they are, or what they do."

Robin tensed slightly at his words. He knew...

Batman let out a quiet sigh,"Why are the Court of Owls after you?"

Robin dropped his head. He was tired of lying. Tired of running. He felt drained,"I ran from them. I refused to kill, and knew the only way I could ever be free was to run. Though they see that as an act of betrayal. So, either I run, or I die."

"How long were you with the Court."

"Four years...."

"Where are your parents?"

Robin gulped,"Gotham Cemetery."

Batman froze,"I'm sorry." When he first met the boy, he only saw him as a careless criminal, but his impression of the boy now had changed so much. Robin was caring. He was willing to put his life on the line to save others. He was currently doing that. A personality like that was someone Batman could easily work with.

Robin said nothing. He was exhausted and his body felt numb.

"Why run now?"

"The Court believed that I had reached my full potential and that I had enough skill to easily murder someone. They had given me a name. It was just a matter of knowing when and where."

"Who were you supposed to kill?"

"A man named Bruce Wayne." The name sounded familiar when he had first been told it, but he couldn't figure out why.

Batman tensed this time.

"What?"

"Bruce Wayne lives in Gotham. He is a highly known billionaire." Perhaps that's why.

Robin freaked,"I promise I didn't know he lived here! I'm not after him. Trust me, it's a coincidence! I'll leave if you want me to! J-just- I don't mean harm to him or anyone."

Batmans eyes widened as he saw how panicked the boy grew. He placed a calm hand on his shoulder,"It's okay. I don't suspect you of anything, but I need you to tell me everything, and I mean your past and all."

Dick nodded, releasing a shaky sigh. He really wasn't 100% supportive of telling Batman this, but he needed help from someone.

"I was nine when my parents were murdered. My whole family actually- my mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousins. All murdered right in front of me... I was supposed to be sent to an orphanage, but they were all full, so I was sent to a Juvenile Detention Center instead. It was awful there. I hated every second of it... Which was probably why I didn't suspect a thing when my Uncle just came along and snatched me away. No paper work or anything. I should've asked questions, but I didn't. I was just so happy to be out of that place. God, I should have said something."