That Night

As you were mesmerizing about the memories of your real friendship, you laughed to yourself thinking about the purity as a child, but hey, you never got to see him again, so nothing matters. You looked to your left of your bed to check the time on your alarm clock.

"11:38 pm? Kaneki would call me around this ti-" Speak of the devil. Smiling, you reached for your ringing phone that was right next to your alarm clock. The caller's idea spelt: Kaneki Ken. As you answered the call, you craved for the sweet, sweet voice you longed to hear.

"[Y/N] I missed you a lot, I don't want to talk to you on the phone any longer, so I'm headed to your place right now."
"Wait what? Kaneki?? You're coming to MY place?"
Before you could be anymore shook, he hung up. HOLY MOLY, WHAT SHOULD I DO? IT'S SO LATE, WHAT IS THAT, THAT, DUDE DOING? I mean, like, in those fan fictions I read, what if we suddenly... Hahaahahahahah, should I run to the store and buy ..... I mean, shut up, don't think like that, we're just FRIENDS.. for now. NVM, I do have them actually, from my mom because of how protective she is... STOP SINNING. Thoughts exploded in your mind, which made your cheeks puff a rose color.

After waiting for about twenty-ish minutes, your window flung open, and you see that white-haired boy once again. He was wearing a white sleeved shirt with some trousers. White shirts are a transparent so you notice his slight bulkiness, which made you blush. Kaneki sat next to you on your bed, smiling, but after fantasizing about his body, you snapped out and looked him in the eye.

"Kaneki?! Are you whack? My mom could come home and scream at us! (But she's not so, maybe it could be a long night.) Yap Yap Yap Yap Nag Nag Nag." Kaneki chuckled, but his expression then turned mellow after you stopped nagging.

"Like I said [Y/N] I wanted to see you. I've been thinking a lot lately, and now that you know that I'm a ghoul.. I want you to never tell anyone about me, my whereabouts, etc."
"Kaneki.. Why would you say that? I mean, I don't but, this doesn't sound-"

"I have no place in this world, I am a turned ghoul. When I was human, I lived by being hurt, rather than hurting others. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm tired of being tortured physically and mentally, I think I might go insane. I also might have fallen for you [Y/N]. You are very cute and charm me, which I don't know why. I'm afraid that, one day, I'll hurt you because of my arrogance, even worse... Kill you. I lived a hard life, mostly getting hurt, and I'm sick of it, but at the same time, I don't want to hurt you, you're special to me, and I don't want to lose another person anymore." He grabbed your hand, rubbing it against his cold smooth hands, squeezing it.

"A-are you telling me goodbye..? Kaneki, what are you doing? I don't want you to leave me.." You felt hurt, but at the same time, understand his pain. From watching facts about ghouls, you could understand that, it's very, very hard to live life; Kaneki is living it painfully. You looked into his eyes and wrapped your arms around him, not knowing what to do.
"Yeah.. I'm sorry [Y/N], I don't know what else to do anymore, and when I met you, I felt happier, but I know that it won't last. The exact reason on why I came over is to tell you goodbye and that I love you." You felt your eyes building up tears and pulled away and his slow, rhythmic breathing because of how close you guys are from hugging.

"Kaneki.. I love you too.. I understand how you feel, but this is so sudden.." Kaneki made a "shh" sound and put his hand on your cheek and leaned in pressing his mouth on top of yours. You blushed by the physical sensation and closed your eyes, returning the kiss back. You both pulled away and hugged each other one last time. This time, it was a tight and comforting hug. (Can I have a hug?)

"Kaneki.. If we ever meet again because fate decided to change itself, let's continue from where we left off." He nodded at your sudden, but the both of you knew that there was probably no "next time". Kaneki then stood up, walking over to the window.

"I don't wanna leave yet, but I need to.. I'm sorry [Y/N]. But, before I go, can I have one more kiss?" He blushed, just as you did, and immediately rose from the bed and walked over to him wrapping your arms around his stomach because of his height compared to yours, and kissed him. It was a passionate kiss this time, because it was the last time you'll ever see him and you wanted to make it special. After a moment of kissing, you guys pulled away.

"I really, really, like you [Y/N], maybe a little to-" He was then interrupted by the sound of your mom saying "[Y/N]! I'm finally home "EARLY" this time! I'm coming up to see you!" Uh oh.. Wait, I have an idea for Kaneki to stay longer.

"Oh shoot.. Kaneki, you CAN'T leave yet. If you leave, my mom will know because of how perceptive she is. She constantly asks about my love life and assumes that I have a, you know, so by the sound of the window closing, she will definitely hear it. Please hide.. somewhere?!"

"Oh? Okay, you're right since you know your mother more than I do! I'll hide in your shower." He then immediately and quietly ran over to your bathroom with the lights off and door slightly closed.

Perfect, you smiled.

A/N:

Wowzers, it's been a very, very, long time since I updated ): I'm very, very, sorry guys! I don't wanna explain everything because excuses are excuses. Thank you so much for reading this, I'm still going to continue it, so be warned for slow af updates. I literally finished this at 6:53 am so, lol. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Happy New Years !