First Date

The sound of the wind was the only thing you focused on. Only hearing Tokyo's busy city, gusts of wind and children playing by the park.
You waited benevolently for Ken Kaneki to enjoy your 'bookstore date' and he was a little tardy, but you didn't mind at all.

...

Tick, tick was the sound that you can only hear until-

"S-sorry that I was a little late!" Hearing a loud faint voice, and seeing the tall white haired male running towards you and he bowed solemnly to you, and you smiled softly flicking his hair a little.

"Shall we start heading to the book-store Kaneki-kun?" You pointed to the store not that far from you both, and he smiled and you both walked with each other crossing the street.

The street was packed with people, and you were worried that you might get lost, but Kaneki grabbed your hand and looked at you blushing a bit. "H-hold my hand.. You might get lost [Your name]-chan."

You felt your cheeks get red and looked away feeling your heart beat, and you guys continued to walk until you reached the other end of the street, and finally let go of each other's hand.

"The bookstore is right there, so let's go!" You exclaimed, and fast walked to the entrance right away seeing Kaneki trying to catch up and you guys finally entered the bookstore.

-- Four Hours Later --

You bought 2-3 books , while Kaneki bought one.

"Hm, I'm hungry! Hey Kaneki, let's go eat somewhere, I know the perfect place to eat!" You smiled and dragged Kaneki to a diner that serves burgers.

"[Y-your name]-chan, w-wait for me..-" Kaneki sweated, and had no choice but to be dragged by you to the diner.

After you guys got a seat, you guys ordered the drinks, and Kaneki ordered water, while you ordered soda.

'Water?? At a burger diner? That's weird, but oh well' you thought, and smiled.

The white-haired male stayed silent for a bit, until you decided to break the tension.

"S-say Kaneki.. What is your favorite type of food?" You asked, but instead of the reply you expected, he replied: "Ah! S-sorry [Your name]-chan, I have to use the restroom. Excuse me, please." He bowed, and headed off to the restroom.

'Oh well.. Kaneki did seem off once we entered the diner. I hope he isn't allergic to this stuff!! Is he on a diet? Oh no, I don't know, maybe I'll ask him when he gets back.. No. It will sound rude, and this is just our first..' You blushed. "O-our first da-"

"Hello, I'm back with your drinks! Are you ready to-" the waiter got interrupted by Kaneki, who was finished using the restroom, and sat back down apologizing.

"So.. Are you guys ready to order?"
You ordered what you wanted, and now it was Kaneki's turn.

"Huh? Oh.. Sorry.. I'm not that really h-hungry! Y-you see, I had a big breakfast, so I deeply apologize." He replied wryly at the waiter, and smiled.

"Very well! I'll come back with you orders- I mean order." The waiter walked away, leaving you and Kaneki finding each other's eyes.

"U-um.. I'm sorry for bringing you here-"

"No, no! Not at all! It's a pleasure to be here, [Your name]-chan.. Just not hungry"

......

It was indeed awkward. Not a sound, but the people eating and chatting, until..

"Kaneki?! Is that you?"

"..Hide?"