Loving You Discretely (BoyxBoy Romance) - Chapter 3 : Inside These Walls

Start from the beginning

           "Do I need a reason to see my son? It's been so long, I only wanted to catch up now that Ayden is back in town with his lovely fiancée Gwen." My father smiled pleasantly, directing his response to my protective friend. Yet I could see there was more to this visit than just saying hello. Was he fishing for information, or was he really interested in making amends? I wasn’t certain I wanted either one.

           "Well, we'd love to stay and chat but unfortunately, we've got class, so perhaps another time. It was good to see you Darius." Grey replied coolly and gave us an out. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. Needless to say I was dazed and confused, not to mention a bit angered by the ordeal.

           "Another time then son. Greyson." My father called a farewell to us as we swiftly retreated around the corner and to the sanctity of Grey's office.

           "Addy, you alright?" He asked as soon as he closed the office door. To be honest, I wasn't sure. This was not what I needed on my first day as a teacher.

           "What was he doing here Grey? What makes him think I'd ever want to mend our relationship?" I sighed and sunk into the chair across from his desk. I was accustomed to my best friend's counseling by now and knew I wouldn't get out of this without a talk.

           "I’m not sure, maybe it was as he said and he just wants to be a father to you again." He shrugged. His answer was ludicrous. If he wanted to be a father, then he should have been there for me 8 years ago, instead of shunning me and casting me aside.

           "It's bullshit Grey, and you know it." I remarked, feeling entirely drained by the encounter.

            "Just forget it Addy. Try to relax and go to class. I'll see you at dinner tonight." Grey spoke dismissively, as if I was reading too much into the situation.

            Was I making too big of a deal? Or was my skepticism warranted. I was entirely uncertain, but I wasn’t about to let it rule me. I took a few deep breaths to regain my composure and steadily made my way to my next class.

          After school was finished, I made my way home and I stalked into the house slamming the door behind me. Not only could I not believe that my father of all people had shown up at NLA my first day as a teacher, but I couldn't believe that this was Gwen's doing. I threw down my leather bag and marched into the kitchen where I knew I'd find her. She had some explaining to do.

         "Baby, you’re just in time for dinner. Where's Grey, isn't he coming?" She asked lightly while approaching me.

         She slid her arms around my neck and pressed her soft body to mine. I fought the urge to push her away, fought the pent up revulsion that welled in my stomach. This wasn't what I wanted, but it was what I deserved. To live a life shadowed in trouble, hardship and to suffer for being the monster I once was. I didn’t respond to her touch or the soft kiss she placed on my lips. Instead I stood still, unmoved and unaffected by her actions.

         This was the new, more dominant me who was rising to the surface. It was the only persona she had ever known, and to falter now just because of my father would have been a grave mistake. Gwen pulled back with a puzzled look on her face as if trying to understand why I hadn’t greeted her as I normally would. The truth of the matter was that my normal greeting of an embrace and affectionate kiss was nothing but a farce, an act to keep the monster, the victim at bay. But even now, I found that difficult to pull off given the circumstances.

          “What’s wrong baby? Why are you acting so… strangely?” She asked with a raised eyebrow and concerned look. Was she going to act like she had no idea? Apparently she was.