Chapter 6 - Sleep

A quiet blaring broke Vikk's sleep. It had only been a few hours since he fell asleep and he was still exhausted. He sighed as he reached out for his phone and saw Ashley was calling through his stinging eyes. He closed his eyes again and answered the phone, leaning back into his pillow and mumbling into the device.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Ashley spat into the phone. Vikk winced as he detected the hate in her voice.

"I'm at home, why?"

"Get to mine now."

Vikk's heart fell as he realised he had to get out of bed.

"Ashley, I'm too tired. I was recording all last ni-"

"I don't care. You're making up for what you did last night. Or do I not mean anything to you?"

"Ashley..."

"Get to mine in half an hour."

Vikk sighed as Ashley hanged up. He kept the phone next to his ear, listening to the long, high pitched tune. His heart drowned as he thought of how much hard work Ashley was. He loved her but the relationship was affecting all aspects of his life. He finally put his phone back on his desk and pulled himself out of bed, trudging to the bathroom. His whole body felt heavy and he closed his eyes as he felt the floor spin under him. He was absolutely exhausted.

"Vikk?"

Vikk turned around to meet Josh making his way to his room. He held a glass of Dr. Pepper in his hand and the distant sound of Simon closing his bedroom door indicated the two had just eaten lunch.

"Hey." Vikk mumbled, looking down at the floor, too tired to look up at Josh.

"Simon told me about you staying up. It's only been a few hours. Shouldn't you get a few more winks of sleep?" Josh asked.

Vikk shook his head. "I'm fine." He turned away and started walking towards the bathroom before being stopped again. Simon had appeared and was looking Vikk up and down. He shook his head before pushing Vikk back towards his room.

"Sleep." He sternly said as he got Vikk into his room.

"Simon I need to-"

"No. Nothing. Vikk its your health. You're important and I'm not gonna let you destroy it."

"But Ash-"

"Ashley what? Nothing. She can wait."

"Simon, you don't understand. I can't neglect her."

"You're not neglecting her, you're balancing your needs and hers. Right now you're more important."

Vikk looked behind Simon, at Josh who had disappeared. He looked back at Simon before nodding and giving in. He got back into bed, only for his phone to go off again. It was Ashley.

Before Vikk could get to his phone, Simon had got it. He shook his head at Vikk before leaving the room, mouthing the word 'sleep' before answering the phone and dealing with Ashley.

Vikk relaxed back into his pillow and smiled. Simon was one of his most caring friends, one of his best friends. His smile disappeared as he thought of Josh. They used to be best friends, but things had changed. He didn't understand why. Vikk blinked heavily, pushing the thoughts out of his head. He could sleep now, and he would sleep for as long as he could.

A/N
Thank you for 1K! Boy this book is growing fast! Thank you guys for being so patient, my exams are now over so I'll be updating a lot more, especially over the summer!

Man the chapter names just keep getting less and less creative.

I need a boyfriend.