Hell Yes

Warning: Mature/Explicit content

*******************************************************************

"Great," Halia echoed with a sigh against his lips and tugged him firmly against her.

He had to have at least 50 pounds of pure muscle over her but his weight was a comfortable heat. "You're heavy." She snickered with hooded lids and held him tight when he tried to shift away. "Don't move, it feels nice."

Cade dropped his full weight against her for a brief second and her face went red in surprise before he propped himself up on his elbows. "Feels good, right?" A teasing smile played across his lips. He could give as much as she—

A startled grimace had his eyes snapping to hers. Her leg very intentionally rubbed between his thighs, dragging a warbled groan from his throat.

Gods, this woman doesn't play fair. He grabbed her hip to still the wandering leg and she arched a brow. "What's the matter?"... 'It feels good, right?'

Cade snorted a laugh, nuzzling her jaw. "You're so bad."

"I know," She pecked his lips and wriggled out from under him. "But you love me, don't you?" Crap. She hadn't meant to—she'd said it without thinking. Oh fuck. Fuck. She didn't want to pressure him. That was the last thing she wanted. Quickly turning away she gathered an armful of pillows into her lap, strangling them in embarrassment. Too bad she didn't have any magic of her own. Now would be a good time to teleport herself to the moon.

A gentle touch on her shoulder was the only warning she got before being toppled backward, pillows spilling from her grasping hands. Cade hovered over her, his arms and legs keeping her securely boxed in. He wasn't touching her, not yet, but the heat from his body rolled off of him, much hotter than she'd ever remembered.

She couldn't look at him. She just couldn't. Instead her gaze latched onto the sculpted forearm balanced by her face, making herself go cross-eyed. It was such a pretty limb. Smooth golden skin pulled over powerful muscle. She'd never seen such pretty, sun-kissed skin. Which made no sense because he spent most of his time inside a mountain—

"Halia," A smooth voice interrupted her rambling thoughts and she swallowed against the sudden dryness in her throat.

"H-huh?"

"For the record," His thumb swept over her cheekbone and lingered on a freckle beneath her eye. "You have the prettiest skin I've ever seen. So beautiful and dark and soft," He bent his head to run his lips over her jaw and her eyes fluttered shut with a sigh. "And I do. L-love you, I mean." His voice only trembled slightly but he looked away for a second, bright red staining his cheeks. He'd never said 'I love you' to anyone before. Not like this. But it felt right with her, in this moment. He was just admitting aloud what he already knew to be true.

Halia stared up at him with stars in her eyes, looking at him like he'd hung the moon. "I love you too," Her emotional whisper made his lungs ache as tears pooled over brown irises. "So damn much." She was full on crying now and he wanted to cry with her because he was so fucking happy but then she was yanking him into a hungry kiss and he could taste her tears and... that was enough.

"Still heavy," She hiccupped a laugh and he smiled into the kiss.

"Still feels good, doesn't it?"

Halia flicked her tongue against the seam of his lips as her fingers tunneled through his hair. "Sure does...do you want to go further?" She was ready. More than ready. But it was up to him. It meant everything to her that he wanted this just as much as she did. If he didn't want to, that was fine. She would wait forever if he asked and if that turned out to be never, that was okay too. Ultimately all she wanted was him. She would cherish whatever he was willing to give.