Chapter 23 - Lyle's Status Plate

What is this?
We've passed through the great hall and continue walking towards the throne room. Along the way, we saw someone dressed up like a knight. We also passed by some of the maids, everyone was fully uniformed.

They looked at us with awe and respect.

Fortunately my eyes reverted back so no one would know about what happened to my eyes, only me and Sasha knows about it.

I looked at my shoulder and saw Sasha. Though she was wearing her usual demeanor; cold, confident and emotion-less, I could tell that she was nervous.

Well, not that I can blame her today is my big day after all. It's my sixth birthday and today I will also receive my status plate.

We arrived in front of a set of huge double doors that was designed beautifully, there were two Soldiers stood at attention on both sides of the door. They immediately smiled when they saw us approaching.

"The Prince of the Dragonfang Kingdom, Prince Lyle Drake Dragonfang has arrived!"

Without waiting for a reply, they opened the door.

You know what, I really this kind of flashy entrance. Why do they need to announce that loudly whenever we want to enter the room?

... ... Don't they know that it was really embarrassing ? It's as if they're announcing your arrival just to warn all the people present to behave because I've already arrived~

Haa~ Whatever, just as the saying goes [ When in Rome do what the Romans do ].

We entered the doorway leisurely.

There was a red carpet that led from the entrance all the way to a luxurious throne. On the throne sat a middle aged man that conveyed ambition and dignity.

It was of course my father. The woman next to him was my mother, the beautiful Queen. As soon as they saw us, they immediately beamed us with smiles.

I wanted to run and hugged them, but I stop myself.

I need to carry myself with elegance and pride after all, I need to show them that I am not a child anymore. I straightened my back and calmly walked towards them.

Sasha stopped at the doorway and just quietly watched me as I walked.

Arriving in front of the throne, I stopped and kneeled

"Rise my son!" A rather cold voice rang out.

Obviously it was my father. Although his voice was cold, I can feel that he was very happy looking at me. Beside him was my mother who is smiling at me this whole time.

"Yes father!"

"Son, congratulations on your birthday!" The surrounding people clapped and its sound reverted in the room.

Haa~ It must be nice to be a mob character. They only need to clap and say congratulations then after that they're done...

Father raised his hand and the clapping ceased and the whole room became quiet. "As our tradition goes, we will conduct the status ceremony! High priest Jindo!"

A mild applause and my father turned to the man standing next to him, "High-priest Jindo, if you would please begin the test."

"Yes, your highness," Said the man as my father sat back down.

He was holding a plate and an orb as he walked towards me.

"Prince Lyle, this is the status plate. It is your personal identification plate. It contains your personal record such as; identity, blessings, skills and your equipment information. Just drop some blood on it to begin the status process," He
slowly explained as he handed the plate to me