Chapter 19 - The Cursed Sword

Being a Traditional Japanese who practiced various martial arts in his previous life, Lyle is very familiar and knowledgeable in terms of Japanese swords like katana. He saw and held different kind of swords as well as Meito or famous swords.

Some of this Meito are rumored to be Yuuto or cursed swords. It is widely believed that a sword who used to slay thousands or even millions of people will no doubt become a cursed sword because of the residual thoughts of the people it slay, such as hatred, anger, desires and other evil thoughts.

Yuuto or cursed swords have deep feeling emitting from it. They say that cursed swords bring misfortune to the people who wield it. It has also been told that once drawn, a cursed blade has to draw blood before it can be returned to its scabbard, even to the point of forcing its wielder to wound himself or commit suicide. Thus, it is thought that this cursed blade is a very dangerous demonic cursed blade that creates bloodlust in those who wield it.

And the sword which Lyle was holding right now seems to be one.

He felt something from the sword. Sadness, grief, anger hatred and various ill thoughts that might make someone vomit.

His hands sank down slightly from the weight. This was a pitch-black sword that seemed to absorb even light. There was a crescent moon etched on it and it has a slight curve around the tip.

The thick black sheath lying in the table of the stall seemed very plain and unadorned. Beside it was another jet-black scabbard with another sword which is likely the same as the one he is holding sheathed within it. It greatly resembles the sword called shoukarasuma back in earth.

'Why does this world have such sword?' he frowned while thinking. Katana's came from Japan and in this world which has a medieval setting, double-edge western sword is commonly used. It's hard to believe that someone will use sword this thin which focused on speed rather than strength.

Then suddenly he felt pain in his eyes. Just like last night but this time the pain is even more painful, he tried to close his eyes but then he saw it.

Around the sword he's holding as well as the other sword in the table was covered with something black. But the black aura around them isn't just ominous, it also carries a deep feeling; more like deep sadness. It's as if the swords itself is crying from agony.

Then around the sword he's holding and beside the sword in the table, two foxes appeared. They are looking him.

Lyle's distorted face because of the pain as well as the strange thing he was seeing made Sasha feel deeply concerned.

"Lyle-sama?"

Hearing this, the people nearby all turned to look at him.

" Lyle-sama?"

"The prince?" "The son of the Dragoon king?""

Many people stepped back immediately. Lyle had gone sometimes with Sasha in the city to play and roam around. Each time they are inside the city, some people saw and recognized him immediately. The other people, who didn't recognize him, upon hearing others discuss him, were made aware as well.

Sasha's concerned voice was noticed by Lyle and it made him returned to his senses. The pain in his eyes vanished as well as the black aura and the two foxes around the swords. He managed to squeezed a weak smile and said

"It's nothing. It's just that this sword seems like cursed!"

When the man wearing a light blue tunic in front of him; the vendor, heard Lyle he was instantly very frightened that his heart began to shake and then step back.

"Y-young master, Y-you knew?" with quivering words he ask.

"No, I can feel it." Lyle said while looking at the sword in his hands. "Where did you get this?"

"I-I see..." the man muttered. Feeling extremely nervous, with no choice he began explaining.

"We acquired this sword from a very poor family; it seems they are the descendants of a famous Beastman blacksmith that lives in the Rulic kingdom. In the art of blacksmithing he was unequal and legendary. He made various strong weapons that even now were used. But still he was unsatisfied; he wants to create a powerful and unrivaled sword. Then one day, he accidentally ventured in a divine shrine. When he entered he saw twin baby foxes. He immediately killed it and the blood and flesh of those poor animals was used to make those swords; the one you're holding and this other sword." The man stopped talking and stared at the sword Lyle was holding.

The surrounding people were stunned and couldn't believe what the man was saying. More and more people gather around to know what is happening. Lyle calmly looks at the man in front of him.

"This is the story I heard from that family. Even though it was the prided masterpiece of that legendary blacksmith, they wanted to sell it, because this is not just an ordinary sword. They said this sword was cursed by those divine animals. They said that this sword brought misfortune to the one who wield it and can cause the wielder to go insane. They call it a Demon sword. Aside from this, it was also not that popular towards the soldiers and warriors because of its thin and strange appearance. No one knows even his descendants as to why he make it like that.
Of course! I don't believe that story, so I tried to sell it" the man continued.

Listening to the man's words, the people began whispering towards each other. Lyle looked at the sword with interest. He was now sure that this Yuuto or Demon Sword is a very unique kind of a sword. From what he saw a little while ago this has some kind of a residual spirit. It might be the souls of the twin foxes which are killed. In other words, the story is true.

A smile appeared on Lyle's lips. He wants it, but what about the cursed? Purify it? How? Such thoughts appeared in his mind. Then he remembered something from his past life.

'This situation is somehow the same as that' he mused himself. He was thinking of a certain anime he saw. 'hm? what Zor* did at that time? Yeah, I remember, let's do that too...'

He looks at the man in front of him and said

"Then let's test it out if this swords wants me to become its new master!"

The merchant was bewildered. 'Just what is this man thinking' he thought.

Lyle step back a couple of step and then signal Sasha and the people surrounding him to get away from him. Just like the merchant, Sasha felt bewildered but still obeys as well as the other people.

When it's finished. Lyle just stands there and lift the sword to his mouth and whispered "I'll be your new master! If you want then submit to me!" then throw the sword up. Unlike a certain swordsman did, the sword doesn't aim at his arms but his whole body. The people watching this was shocked and simultaneously covers their mouths, some was covering their eyes as they don't want to see what will happen next and some was shouting specially who was Sasha was
frantically running towards him but it was obvious she wouldn't make it.

But contrast to the surrounding people's expectations, the sword gently landed in front of him as if someone just put it in front of him. Seeing this, Lyle laughed as he pulled the sword and shouted

"EXCELLENT!!!"