Chapter 14 - Meeting Held in ABELUM

Hm? What is it Victoria? What, you wanted to use the mic for this episode?

Let's see, Okay~.......

Hello~ your favorite goddess Victoria-chan here!!! Oh for the people who forget about me, I am Cecelia's older sister and the keeper of knowledge and magic~

Well, so much for that. For this episode let's go to the all famous land of the gods ABELUM. There I will show you what happened there while our beloved Lyle was living in the mortal world.

Oh! Also stay tuned because I will also show you how my sister Cecelia behave there fufufu just kidding!!!
Okay~ let's begin! Hm, where will we start? Oh right, the meeting....)

We are inside a spacious and vast room. Although I said room; Room really isn't the right word for it.
The place made Grand Central Station or even the Tokyo dome look like a broom closet. Massive columns rose to a domed ceiling, which was gilded with moving constellations.
Ten thrones, built for beings the size of the Eiffel tower, were arranged in an inverted U.

What? Are you wondering why I know those buildings?

Of course I would know! I am the keeper of knowledge and magic you know! And most of all we can always look at what the humans in the mortal world are doing!

An enormous fire crackled in the central hearth pit. The thrones were occupied by each designated gods: the head throne on the right, and the one to its immediate left. I didn't have to tell you who the two gods were that were sitting there, right?

Obviously it's the chief of all gods Barlux and the vice-chief Foreth.

From Foreth, was me; Victoria keeper of knowledge and magic, Cecelia my adorable little sister, who is the goddess that governs death and rebirth, Lux my little brother which is the god of war and Hecate goddess of fate.

From the other side, next to Barlux is Morphis god of chaos, Mephisto god of mischief and trickery, Justina goddess of justice and order, and Venus goddess of beauty and love.

Compared to a normal human height, we gods were obviously giants. But even so, we are not that farfetched from humans, especially our behavior right now. We are bantering from each other, arguing like those foolish mortals always do. But then suddenly

Barlux shouted. "SILENCE!"

The voice reverted in the place and all the gods stopped talking. The voice carried power and force keep enough to silence the surrounding god.

I could barely look at him without feeling a tingle, as if my body were starting to burn.

Barlux, the Chief of the Gods, wore a dark blue pinstriped suit. He sat on a simple throne of solid platinum. He had a well-trimmed beard, marbled gray and black like a storm cloud. His face was proud and handsome and grim, his eyes rainy gray.

"But Barlux, we must do something! Hecate's vision told us, there's an ominous presence that will cover the world of Montania" Cecelia finally said. "The fate of that world has becoming too hard to predict. If we don't do something..."

"ENOUGH!" again, Barlux's voice reverted the place cutting off what Cecelia wants to say. "We will do nothing! Gods must
not interfere with the mortal world! That is the ancient covenant!"

"What!" Cecelia stood up enraged. I watched the whole thing unfold and kept silent, even if I decided to speak, it won't do much change. This old gods are well known for their stubborn attitude.

Maybe that's what also what Lux thinking and remained silent while stopping Cecelia who definitely don't want to back down without fighting. Beside him was Hecate who since the beginning of the meeting was sitting there quietly with her head down.

She was always this shy I wonder how I can help her change that.

"Oh, let it come! A little evil won't hurt and it will keep me from getting bored!" Morphis said while smiling.

"Shut up, Morphis! Cecelia is right, we must prevent this before it's too late!" Justina argued.

"Ooooh! Chill, your too serious Justina-chan, loosen up a little will ya!" Mephisto added who just now keep his silence and
didn't care about the current issue.

"Shut up Mephisto, if you don't have something good to say, then don't open your mouth!" Cecelia said "We don't have time for your nonsense.

"You too Cecelia, maybe you're forgotten why this covenant was implemented!" Foreth grumbled "It's because of your father interfering and made the land of..."

"ENOUGH!" this time it was me. "Let's go, Cecelia, Lux"

I stood up, followed by Lux and Cecelia. I don't like where this talk going to, and now that damn Foreth involved my father. I can't stomach this, Aargh If I have the chance, I will really turn that ugly Foreth into a frog. When we are near the entrance

"Where are you going, Victoria?" Barlux asked calmly "we are in the middle of the meeting"

I turned around and faced him.

"Even if we're here, nothing will change!" I muttered "The decision of this farce you called meeting has already been set on stone since the beginning. What's there to talk about?"

The mood has gotten sour and the atmosphere turned heavy. I turned around and walked out.

Barlux and Foreth looked at each other. They had a quick, intense discussion. Foreth made some kind of suggestion, but Barlux cut him off. Foreth tried to argue but Barlux held up his hand and said

"This meeting is now over!"

Foreth rose and looked at me. His expression emits hate. Thunder shook the place. With a blinding flash of lightning, Barlux, Foreth and the others was gone. The other gods; Hecate, Justina and Venus followed us.

As we walked back through the city of the gods, conversations stopped. The muses that were always playing serene songs seemed paused their concert, only our steps can be heard.

An uncomfortable slience.