Chapter 7 - Perhaps I can use it?

"Heheh~ I'm amazing right! Do you respect me now, Lyle-sama... fufu I won't mind if you call me Onee-sama, you know!"

This girl, just what happened to that meek and emotionless girl? *sigh* but even so, Magic?, I already suspect this kind of development before but seeing it happening in front of me is still amazing.

At this moment, I had a flash of inspiration.

I'm not so sure but I think in my past life, or maybe past world has no magic. I saw various information flooding my mind but no relating to magic, so therefore I conclude that I am not originally from this world.

............. But if it's this world, perhaps even I can use it. Magic that is.

A world with magic, a world very different from the world I know of. Interesting!

'Adventures beyond your wildest dreams. Kuuu~ this is what a real man's romance means.
But for now, I need to know how to use it and I still need to wait to grow. Uugh, how vexing!'

Shall I try baiting her into play-teaching me somehow? Though if worst come to worst, being told I had no talent would really suck.

"Sasha --- "
"!?"

Sasha stared at me wide-eyed.

"..... Lyle-sama. Once more, please say it once more."
"Sasha --- "
"aa...aa"

A few tears flow out as she's overwhelmed by emotion. She hugged me tightly and pressed her head towards mine, while jumping.

'Too close, your face is too close'

"Kyaaa! Lyle-sama, next please say 'onee-sama'!"
Getting carried away in the moment.... Just what is this girl trying to make me say? Hmph! Since she's like that I'll ignore her.
I tilt my head and avoid her gaze. But that didn't stop her and still hugging me while jumping around and shouting.

"Lyle-sama is a genius! Without a doubt a genius! I'll tell her majesty about this and surely she will prepare a feast to celebrate this"

Being crushed by her while she danced around is a bit painful, so I extend my hands and pushed her as if wanting to separate from her.
'perhaps I overdid it a bit?... I'm almost one year old right? Or speaking in this age is a bit abnormal? Nah, what's done is done.'

Because of my constant resistance, she puts me down while still watching me.

"...gic..."

With all my might, I tried to convey my intentions towards her. She tilted her head and put her hand under her chin as if she was in deep thought.

"Ah! Lyle-sama, do you want see magic again?"

I nod.

"Uuumm... okay! if I remember right, this one shouldn't be too dangerous..."

She extends her right hand and started to chant.

"Oh! Great warrior of light who vanished the beings of darkness, lend me your powers to show me the way, shine brilliantly and sweep away the night!"

'too long! The chant is too long!'
Why do chants always this long? And what the hell is that chant, it feels like a chant made by a certified chuuni!

"LIGHT!"

A light appeared from the tip of Sasha's finger.
It's dim, and already sputtering out, but it's a beautiful sight.

'Wow!'
I touch the light; it doesn't give off any heat.

"Kyaaa~!"
Amazed, I clap my hands while watching intently towards the light.

"eh? .. y-yeah! It's amazing right!? Fufun! Its fine to complement me more ya know~. hahaha 'cus I'm the best!"

She seems quite pleased from my applause. Hmm... 'In ecstasy' might be more accurate.

"you see, Lyle-sama this is Magic, it is still an unexplained phenomenon, however, it is an omnipotent power which can bring out the blessings of any object."

And thus, because of getting carried away, she starts explaining what magic is. Perfect!
I answer her with a beaming smile, and then grabbed her dress as if urging her to continue.

Noticing my intentions, she lifts me and then put me on her lap.

"Lyle-sama, Magic required using mana to create physical phenomena. Although Mana can't be seen, but it is present in everything. From what her majesty taught me, us beings also store and use mana to live. By using the mana within our bodies we're able to produce things like flame; a common magic. There are different type of magic, some are using magic circle to use it, which you only need to pour mana to it. I also heard there are also people using spirit magic though I don't know much about them, they are..."

*kabam*

Cutting Sasha in her explanation was the sudden burst of the door.

"What happen Sasha? Did something happen to my son?"

It was my mother.

"eh? *cough* Your majesty! No, there is nothing wrong!"
"But *huff* the others heard your *huff* scream"

Beads of sweat was running from my mother's face. It seems like the moment she heard from other people about Sasha's scream, she frantically run from her study up to here.

"Yes, your majesty!"

hm? Now that I look at Sasha's face, it went back to her previous emotionless face as soon as mother came.
'Oi, oi! You change too much. Don't tell me you have something like split personality!'

"then why?"

As I was retorting Sasha's change in my mind, my mother was still anxiously asking question to Sasha.

"I'm just surprised because Lyle-sama, ehem, young master suddenly called my name"
"eh? Really?"

Mother turns around and faced me. Looking at me with her eyes shining saying 'say my name' expecting for me to call her. And thus

"Ileana ---"

I relent. She was moved to tears and suddenly hugged me.
'Again?'

And because of that she won't put me down while leaving outside, shouting to the other attendants for celebration. Sasha quietly follows mother still with her emotionless face but sometimes I noticed a glimpse of smile when nobody is looking around.

'What a strange girl' is what I thought. And that night, for the first time I left my room and saw various people dancing and celebrating.