Chapter Two

I don't know what I was thinking in the moment as I read that note. All I knew was,
HOW COULD SOMEONE NOT LIKE BOOKS??!!

"How dare you?!?!" I yell to the girl right behind me. But to my surpise, she didn't yell back. She pointed.

Straight to the Jock.

Finn Mason.

I looked over at him and saw the look of amusement plastered all over his face. I shot him a death glare, about to yell once more.

But of course, I was stopped.

"Jaylen Kate!" Mr.Dasen yells my name, startling me and pretty much the entire class as well.

"Y-yes?" I studdered a reply, taken aback by my sudden change of tone.

"What in the name thinks you can yell in this class room?" He says to me, now giving me a stern glare.

"I'm sorry. " I say,  turning back around. Attempting to hide the look of embarrassment all over my face.

"Detention." He orders. With that, i sigh.

As the day flies by, I dread detention. Can you tell it's my first detention? Well it is.

As I enter the reading class that I used to love coming into, I suddenly feel a different atmosphere.

Change.

More discipline.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't miss Jaylen. I knew it was only a matter of time before I sss you in here." Ms.Sanderago says to me.

"Yeah. Well what do I do?" I ask her, taking a seat in the empty room.

"This." she sets an approximately 1 inch packet on the desk, resulting in my draw dropping down to the floor.

"B-but I-i" is all I seem to manage out of my mouth.

"Work. Now." She orders to me. Doing as told, I get to work on the multiple subject packet.

"Mister Mason. Once again." Ms.Sanderago says not even two seconds later. I look up from my packet and a look of astonishment covers my face.

"What did you expect Jay? I am a little rebel." Finn says to me, a smirk on his face.

"Do not call me Jay again." I reply, annoyance and confidence ring in my voice.

"I like em fiesty." He says, ruffling my hair as he walks past.

Boys.