Chapter Six

Here's the thing...

When a little girl asks you to be her mommy, are you going to say no?

Well my mom sure didn't.

"Um... Jay. Can we talk for a second?" My mom asks me.

"What?" I ask as she pulls me out of the kitchen where the social worker and Kinzee are.

"I work. So does your dad. It will be like she is YOUR child most the time. Are you sure you can handle this?"

"Yes. She asked me first to be her mommy but I suggested you." I reply to her. Me and my mom walk back into the kitchen and sit back down at the bar stools.

"Okay Mrs.Kate, you now have part custody of Kinzee Harper." The social worker, Anne, says to my mom.

"Wait... Part?" My mom asks confused.

"Well, Mr. And Mrs.Harper wanted Jaylen to be full time custodian considering she was very close to Kinzee." With that, I was happy, confused, and a bit scared.

"Oh okay." My mom says.

=

=

=

After signing paperwork, cleaning my room, and bringing Kinzees stuff into our room, it was done.

I have a sister.

Well, actually, a daughter but whatever.

I sigh in relief and fall back on my bed. I reviewed yesterday at school.

Crap. I have algebra II semester test next week.

I run downstairs and grab my book bag, hoping to get pass my mom.

But that was the least of my worries.

"No. Listen to me Daniel." She was saying into the phone.

Uh oh. She said his first name. This isn't good.

I sneak around and listen to their conversation, but because I have such horrible hearing I only got bits and pieces.

"... Okay. Whatever. I don't even care... Come... Get your stupid... Bye." My mother says to my father. "Asshat." She mumbles to herself after hanging up, but making sure that he could hear the first part before hanging up.

I run upstairs as quickly and quietly as possible. I get to my bedroom and see Kinzee playing with dolls. I stop in my tracks and watch her, but stay where she can't see me.

"... JayJay, will you be my mommy?" She says in her cute voice. But said it so it was the little girl doll saying it to the taller doll.

"Yes, and we will live happily ever after." She makes the taller doll reply.

"Hey girly." I say, while knocking on the door when I walk in. I guess I startled her so she threw the dolls."Whats your favorite game to play?"

"Well my mommy and I used to play dolls, until our bus hit their car, sending them to hell." astonished by her choice of words, I sit on the bed next to her.

"What do you mean?"

"They hurt me."

ANYONE LIKING THE STORYLINE SO FAR?

If you do, comment, vote and follow me!!

Thanks loves!

The Jock And Me जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें