Chapter One

"Jaylen. Why do you keep writing about books?" My reading teacher Ms.Sanderago asked me, putting my 4 page essay about books, in front of me.

"Because i like them." I reply shyly, tilting my head down just enough where she couldnt see the embarrassment in my crystal blue eyes.

"I would like you to write about something... Worthwhile." She says to me, obviously hesitating on her choice of words.

"Okay?" I reply, taking the paper and turn on my heels heading towards the door.

"Miss Kate?"

"Yeah?" I reply annoyed, which accidently slips out of my mouth.

"You need a note for your next class." she says, handing me my tardy note for next period.

I grab the note and walk out of class, into the empty halls.

I cannot believe she kept me after class just to tell me that, and now I'm late to my favorite class ever.

Study hall.

Why, must you ask?

Because I am a lover of getting homework done before I go home. Its a habitual thing.

As i open the door to the small, yet full, classroom, all eyes are on me.

Thats the thing about being late. You can always be assured that you'll be the center of attention. I hate it.

I'm a quiet girl. I like books, I like writing. I do not like attention.

"Miss Kate. I hope you have a slip, or else you will have detention." my study hall teacher Mr.Dasen says to me, raising an eyebrow at me. I walk over and hand him the note and he nods his head towards my seat.

Once I take my I pull out my Math assignments and start to work.

That is, until I am passed a note from behind me.

As i open the pen, and pull out the rolled up note from the cap, I make sure that Mr.Dasen isn't paying attention.

Dear Jaylen,
Get your head out of your books and open your eyes. Books aren't hats you freak.

I instantly snap my head to turn towards the girl behind me.

"How dare you?!?!?" I yell at her in disgust.

So much for no attention.

Okay loves!

Your probably thinking,

Why in the world is she writing a new book?

Well, spoiler alert but TDOATG will be completed after five more chapters! Aghhh. Thank you all for the support and love on TDOATG!