***

I get out of the car after Emily and Robert as we pull up to my new home in California. I was wishing the whole way here on the plane that this was all a dream and that I would wake up, but it's real. My parents are dead. I will never be the same person as I was before. It's weird how certain things can change the way you act. When we got to the airport back in New York I put my hair up into a high pony tail and took off my makeup. I always wear my hair down and always wear makeup. I vowed to myself that at this training center that I would work my hardest and not let my parents down. Even though they aren't here anymore I have to please them. I know that they will be proud of me if I just try. I follow Emily and Robert into the training center and they bring me to a room that looks like a hallway that would be in a college. This must be where I'm staying. They told me that it is like college or a boarding school in they way they room here. They also told me that I would meet my roommate Zara and she would catch me up to date on things. Usually students start here when they are 10 years old. I'm coming when I'm 13 though. For some reason that I don't get, my parents kept this from me. I knock on the door and it opens. A petite blonde opens the door. She has a load of makeup on and long straightened hair. She's wearing a short miniskirt and tank top. This looks like something I would have done at my old school. Well, not anymore. She reminds me of one of my friends. Except my friend wasn't very smart at my old school. I have no idea what her mind is like. As long as she is smart, I won't mind the way she looks. Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful. If she dressed with more clothing and didn't wear so much makeup, it would make her look much better.

"Hi! You must be Anna! I've been told that you were coming a week ago and I have been anxiously waiting for you to arrive." Well, for starters she talks more mature than my friend. She also has a very sweet and welcoming voice. I can't wait to talk to her more. This is what I need. Distractions from what I found out not too long ago. "Please come on in, I want to get to know you!" She says. I walk into our room and notice a decent sized room. There are two beds and I notice two doors on either side of them. There is a window in the middle of the beds. Also each has a bedside table right next to it. There is a little space in-between the night stands and are eight plugs. That is the excellent thing about this place, that we are allowed to have electronics here. I don't know what I would do without my laptop and ipod. Those things hold my life. Music, that's one thing that I couldn't live without.

"The door by my bed is the closet and the door by your bed is the bathroom." She says breaking my inner monologue. "The bathroom has a bath and shower. Also, it is a decent sized closet. You get one side and I get the other. Your clothes have already been put into the closet. Now let's get to know each other." She says with a warm smile on her face and we sit down on her bed and I tell her everything and she tells me everything about her.

***

We got to know each other so well that we now act like sisters. The fact that I can't live with her anymore is going to affect me hard.

"The rest of this day will be used to move into your room. These rooms are more like apartments than the old ones you stayed in. You will see why when you enter them. Also, I would like you guys to converse with your partners. Get to know each other. After all, you will be working with each other every day. That will be all. Go ahead to the new wing. On your way out grab the manilla envelope with your names on it. One folder is given to each of the partners. See you all tonight at supper. You guys are required to attend the supper, but won't need to attend every dinner like every other year. You do not to attend the lunch, but only today. You only need to attend lunch and supper on Sunday's. Since today is a Sunday it would be appropriate if you made yourself present. This is not a choice, it is mandatory." With that she walks out of the room and leaves us. I look at Ethan and notice him smirking at me.