Chapter II

"Ethan, wake up!" I shout for the tenth time, this time shaking up. He really knocked out for his nap. Faster than I can blink I'm pinned to the ground with a knife at my neck. "What the heck Ethan!" I shout.

"Whoops, sorry Anna." he stated as he stands up, grabbing my hand and pulls me up right after him. "I guess I should've warned you I'm always prepared for a mission."

"You think? It's 5:15, you took forever to wake up," I state, crossing my arms. I try not to notice the flicker in his golden eyes as he smirks.

"Well, that means I still have time to shower quickly before supper, if you don't mind," he asks me.

"No, go ahead, I'm going to catch up on the reading assignment," I say.

"What reading assignment? Training hasn't even started yet!" He yells which makes me realize even more why we are partners. He really is dedicated like me and I see he's almost breaking out in a sweat.

"Don't worry, I'm reading ahead, I always do," I shrug and walk out, but I still hear him mutter about him never seeing anyone more dedicated than himself. I walk towards the living room and grab a book in weapons and start reading at the kitchen counter.

Before I know it I hear Ethan walk into the kitchen. I look up and my jaw drops, he walked in with only a towel on, still wet from the shower, "Ethan, don't you think you should maybe put some clothes on first?" I shriek. As I say this I can't help but look at his body and realize how muscular and lean he is. He's going to be a challenge to do combat with, but hopefully I'll have a few trips up my sleeve.

"I figure we might have to act as a couple on some missions anyways, so you might as well get used to it now," he says, winking at me

"I figure we might have to act as a couple on some missions anyways, so you might as well get used to it now," he says, winking at me. I feel my cheeks getting red, and quickly retreat to my bedroom. I just blushed, something I never do. I don't know what's happening, I can usually keep my cool, and this is confusing me. I walk into the bathroom and splash some cold water on my face, feeling the color slowly drain. I then walk into my bedroom and change into some normal clothes, a nice pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a dark blue t-shirt with a black sweater, and a black pair of boots with a couple inch heel. The only time we get to wear normal clothes is on meals during weekends, something I take advantage of. I was used to wearing normal clothes until I came here. It makes me feel as if my life is somewhat normal, even though it isn't. And it's Sunday, which means dressing up a little is a must. I apply a little eyeshadow and mascara, and some clear lipgloss. I then braid my long auburn hair so it comes around to the front.

"Anna, you read to go?" Ethan says after knocking on my door. I don't answer, but instead walk out. "Wow, you look nice!" He says without taking his eyes off of me. I notice that he's wearing khaki pants with a purple button down shirt open and a white t-shirt underneath. He definitely pulls that look off well.

"Uh, thank you. You ready to go?" I say as I look at my watch on my left wrist, noticing it's 5:50 and the supper starts at six.