Thirty-five

When I had woke up the next morning, I was surprised to see Marissa staring down at my sleeping figure. I jumped a little to the side, bonking LizAnnie's feet.

Yes, she slept upside down from me.

I could still hear the faint sound of Diana's snores, so I wondered what Raven's sister was doing in my room. "Rissa?" I question as I rub my eyes.

She only beamed at me. "Morning!"

I did my best not scowl at her as she walked over to a chair in the middle of the room and gestured to it. Looking around, I noticed the hair products as well as make up clustering the dressers. Frowning, I looked at the quiet, yet now wide awake baby in her crib.

"What is all of this?" I rasp and sit up to get Dee from her bed. I took note of the several outfits spilled all over the floor as well.

"This is your prep for your next mission."

Another one? I thought I only agreed to one.

Sighing, I grabbed the boppy and cover to feed Diana before sitting on the chair. "Whatever. Can you just tell me what I'm doing this time?"

Her hands flew to my rats nest of hair and begin to comb it out. "I can't. Later on, Cory will fill you in like last time and give you the procedures. I'm here to get you ready."

I nodded and waited for Diana to be done eating. LiAnnie stayed asleep as Marissa played with my hair. I wasn't looking forward to running another errand for them, but if it saved both Dee and LizAnnie, I did it. Though I hated the fact I had to kill someone to keep them living, I would do it in a heartbeat.

"I have a suggestion."

"Oh really?" I raise my eyebrows and take off the cover from my neck.

Marissa smiled. "How would you like to shorten your hair?"

That could make it easier with the baby. Kids would like to tug my hair and I would rather have it off my neck all the time.

"Sure. How short we talking?"

Marissa played with my thick, brown hair for a moment. "Well, we can skim the shoulders when we curl it."

"Sounds good, I guess

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Sounds good, I guess." I shrug and wait for further instructions. By time we were done curling my now short hair, LizAnnie was finally awake and started to help Marissa with the clothes.

I played with my daughter as I waited for Cory to come in. "Who's mommy's girl?" I ask in a playful voice. "You are!"

LizAnnie chuckled beside me. "Who has a wacky mother? You do!"

I glared at her. "No. She has a wonderful mother."My best friend smiled slightly but I could tell her mood was getting darker. "What's wrong?"