016 ; Quarantine

Chapter 16
Quarantine

---

Everyone had stopped abruptly in front of Liam, causing him to bump into Scott's back and stumble backward a bit. He raised an eyebrow and peaked around them.

"Looking for my Grim, are we?" A heavily accented voice asked.

Liam sighed softly and walked around everyone to see Julian. He was standing in front of them with a large white lab coat over his all-black clothes. Anger fought its way through Liam, trying to let loose, but he knew that what they needed right now was to reason with the black-haired boy in front of them.

"Where is she?" Stiles demanded.

Julian let out a small laugh, pretending to check a watch that he didn't have on. "I have to say; it's been more than three minutes. The girl is likely dead."

The anger was still battling inside of Liam, practically begging him now.

No, Liam willed it back.

The sound of Scott's claws clicking out filled Liam's ears. He jerked his head to the side to see his alpha, staring at Julian with red eyes and clawed hands at his side.

"Don't make us ask again," Scott growled.

Julian only laughed in response. A laugh that echoed through his head. Thankfully, it wasn't too loud to where he couldn't hear the sound of gasping from somewhere in the school.

Liam glanced towards the others next to him and saw that Parrish had heard it as well. Parrish and the sheriff both had their guns raised and pointed at Julian's chest, but only the sheriff seemed to be actually paying attention.

Julian turned towards the officers, holding his hands up defensively. "No need for weapons, mates," he said, but his tone lacked the fear they were hoping to accomplish by having their guns pointed.

Liam took a step forward and Julian's eyes automatically shifted towards him. The beta swallowed as the black haired boy stared him down with piercing black eyes.

"I hate to break it to you, but there's five of us and one of you," Stiles said, giving a little sarcastic nod with his head and waving his hand towards all of the people next to him in short gesture.

Julian tilted his head back and another chilling laugh escaped his lips. "Is that so? Well, I guess you better throw in your little white flags now." There was something about the dark gleam in his eyes that made Liam start to question whether or not they could actually take him on.

Before Liam could open his mouth to say something, a short crackling 'pop' filled the air. Parrish had let a bullet out of his gun and it was heading in Julian's direction. But the gleam never left his eyes as it flew towards him. Julian raised a hand and with a miniature flick of his wrist, the bullet went flying back at Parrish. The bullet grazed the depute's shoulder and he stumbled back, hissing and gripping his shoulder tightly.

"I have got to get better aim," Julian commented, shaking his head as Scott rushed towards him. The black haired boy spun towards the alpha, his lab coat twirling with him. He raised his hands and pushed them outward before Scott even neared him. Scott bounced back and flew into the set of lockers on his right, denting the metal as he smacked into them.

"Anyone else care to try?" He asked, spreading his arms out. "Your odds aren't looking so pretty now."

Liam and Stiles shared a look, confirming that they both wanted the same thing; to get Peyton and get out of here. They could deal with Julian later if they could just find a way around him. Stiles gave a short nod and he yanked a gun from his father's holster.