010 ; Doppelgänger

Chapter Ten
Doppelgänger

---

Liam couldn't pay attention to anything else. His eyes were trained on Peyton sleeping in front of him. No one even knew what was wrong with her. The doctors suspected a comma, but even then they had no clue as to what had caused this.

It seemed like only moments ago that she was swaying in his arms. But he'd been there for at least two days, holding onto her hand and not being able to let go.

There was a knock on the door and Liam turned his head around slightly so that he could still see Peyton in his peripheral vision.

No one came through the door.

Liam shook his head, trying to clear the sudden fuzziness he was feeling. A strong smell flooded into the room. The aroma was so strong that even Peyton started stirring in her sleep. It was the first time she'd moved in at least forty-eight hours.

Swallowing and taking one last glance at Peyton, he rose to his feet and crept into the hallway. He looked slowly from side to side. The smell slowly died away, as did the blurriness that had snuck into his vision. No lights were on in the hallway, which didn't help much. Well, not until the very end, where a tiny florescent light shone weakly.

"Well," a voice said in a strong English accent, "I didn't actually think the Wolfsbane would work. Although, at best, it should've knocked you out."

Liam whipped his head in the direction of the voice. Someone in a tight fitting, gray hoodie stood at the opposite side of the corridor. His heart just about stopped when the person took another step towards him.

"Go on, Liam," he could almost feel the other person smirking, "You already know who I am."

The figure pulled the hood off of their head. His jet black hair was tangled atop his head and his cheek bones seemed even higher than they had only three days before.

"Julian." Liam breathed.

---

Peyton stood frozen, staring at Liam and Mason. "You don't remember me?" She was barely able to get the words out.

Mason looked to Liam, who kept his eyes trained on Peyton. She swallowed a lump in her throat and tried to slow her breathing. "Oh my god," she muttered in a squeaky voice, "You don't remember me."

"Jennings!" A familiar voice called. The same one from earlier. Peyton turned around to find a girl in tight, black thigh high boots running towards her.

The figure had a black beanie on so that it was covering their face. She quickly removed it though when she caught sight of Liam and Mason.

"The psychopath," Mason muttered, his head moving to look at Liam. They both quickly looked back at Peyton and the girl who was now standing next to her.

The girl had short blonde hair, exactly like Peyton's. And, with all the same amount of coincidence, she happened to be the same height.

"What. The. Hell." Peyton and Liam said in sync.

The girls turned to face each other with the same faces, though one was a lot more shocked than the one wearing a smirk. Peyton put her fist in her mouth to muffle her screams.

Mason was reaching for Liam's shoulder and pulling him away from the girls. "Liam, we need to get out of here," he was saying.

Liam was shaking his head. "We need to tell my dad that she's out of her room." He tried to lower his voice but wasn't doing a very good job at it. Clearly, they were both just as shocked as Peyton was.

Peyton turned on her heels, but the other girl grabbed her by the collar and pulled her back. Liam and Mason ended up running away, and the girl with Peyton's face was mumbling something about not having enough time.

"Who are you?" Peyton demanded.

The other girl stopped mumbling to herself and looked Peyton in the eyes. Her eyes were even the same color as Peyton's. "Peyton Jennings." She answered simply.

"No, no, no, you are not. I am Peyton Jennings and you're just some supernatural shape-shifter who's messing with my head." Peyton said, waving her hands around in frantic motions. But she couldn't even believe the words coming out of her own mouth, no matter how much she wanted to.

"I'll explain, in time." The other Peyton said as the guards came running down the hall again. "But for right now," she was shaking her head as she backed away, "I'm sorry."

Peyton was grabbed by her arms from behind. She hadn't even heard them come up behind her. A sharp pain nagged at her side as they stabbed her with a long needle. Her doppelgänger disappeared from sight, making a tight turn around the corner as she pulled on her beanie again.

"I'm really getting sick of this." She muttered as she landed on the ground.

---

A/N: Welp. What'd you guys think? Sorry if it was a little confusing at that last part, but hey, I tried my best guys.

Sincerely,
The Mentally Breaking Down Girl