Chapter Two - Lunch Date

The next few weeks were tough Joe had some important games and he was juggling between England and City, I had been asked to perform on Radio 1's live lounge and I wanted to do that I had also been asked to make a small performance on the Got To Dance final which I also wanted to do but I didn't know if I would be able to because I didn't want to put a burden on my mine or Joe's parents with the children. Katy had called me for us to meet up, I'd missed her so much it felt like forever since I'd seen her because we were both so busy. We met up in this fancy restaurant for a little bit of lunch and Joe was at home looking after the children.

"I've missed you Katy" I laughed as she hugged me.

We chatted about everything and anything and time was flying by, my phone was in my bag and I could here it vibrating it must of been like the 10th time.

The waiter came over after we had finished our food "would you like to leave through the back way?" He whispered

"What?" I exclaimed in shock

"Well there are a lot of press outside, I thought you might of wanted to give them the slip"

"Okay thank you" I said feeling embarrassed they can't be here for me!

My phone rang again, It was making me mad and my head was rushing with everything I excused myself and had a look I had 6 missed calls of Joe and 3 from Gill, the women who looked over me kind of like my agent I guess. This was Gill's 4th call I picked it up

"Hello?!"

"Hi Grace, it's Gill. I don't know wether you have seen the news but I think you should go home now and call Joe and I'll come to your house" and that was it she put the phone down, I was so confused I had no idea what was going on.

I relayed what she said to Katy she was just as confused as me. My phone called again it was Joe.

"Hello?!"

"I'm sorry! I don't know why she is doing this, Please come home don't leave me me and the kids need you!"

"What?! Joe what's going on?"

I could here him sobbing a little "just come home" he chocked

I jumped up and grabbed my stuff "I have to go" I told Katy. I threw down £100 on the table not knowing the price of the bill.

"I'll come with you" she stated "you look like you've seen a ghost"

"I'm just scared, it could be the kids"

We slipped out of the back door and I ran to my car, Katy jumped into the passenger seat.

"Look at the news, if the press know you must be able to find something on google just search my name" I called as I raced off to my home.

Katy got out her iPhone and typed away she looked she had found something but she just stayed very quite and I could see her going pale.

"Well what is it?" I shouted making her jump and she began to stutter.

"Well ... Well ... It's that ... That women who was in the news who we was saying she just wanted fame and money" she started, I cast my mind back who? Ohh ... The women she said she had some gossip about a premier league footballer but needed the right price to seal the deal. Shit?!

"Well what does it say?" I screamed at her beginning to panic "I'm guessing it's Joe"

She carried on stuttering as I could she her shuffling and sweating uncomfortably "it ... it says they are having an affair"

I slammed the brakes on in my car and we screeched to a halt in the middle of the road I think Katy could of claimed for whiplash, tears flooded my eyes as I grabbed her phone "what?!" I screamed shaking with anger and glancing through the web page that had a picture of our family that must of being taken at a match and a small article with a picture of this women. She was attractive but wasn't like me, I was pale, blonde and curvy with blue eyes, she on the other hand was skinny and had no shape to her at all she had long brunette hair, tanned skin and intense green eyes.

I gave her the phone back "I'm sorry can you get out, I need to think alone" she looked shocked at my request but did not protest she got out of my car and ran to get a taxi as she waved back at me. A queue had started to form behind my car people were beeping and shouting. I wiped my eyes and sped off to my home.