Part 36

"Only a month to the wedding now" Jacob grinned as he held his arm around Connie's waist, each of them pushing a handle of the double pram around the zoo.
Grace walked in front of them, holding her butterfly balloon and looking around.
Noah had fallen asleep in his pram whilst Maya lay awake, quite content at looking around.
"I know baby, I can't wait" Connie smiled.
They made their way over to the giraffes then Connie lifted Maya up and held her on her hip.

"Can you see the giraffes Maya?" She cooed then took Maya's hand and pointed to the giraffe.
Maya giggled and squealed a little, kicking her legs indicating she was happy.
"Mummy can I hold her please?" Grace asked.
"Very carefully sweetheart, you'll have to let me help you because she's getting heavier and you're stood up" Connie replied.
Grace nodded then Connie carefully passed Maya over to her and helped support her.
Maya smiled and patted Grace's face who kissed her cheek.

"I think someone's feeling a bit left out" Jacob chuckled as he lifted up Noah who had woken and began to fidget in his pram.
He looked around and began wining so Connie left Grace's side for a second and pulled out Noah's bottle from the baby bag.
Jacob held him and the bottle to feed him then Connie took Maya back from Grace and into the pram so they could carry on walking.
"Mummy can I get my face painted? Can Maya and Noah get their's done?" Grace asked.
"You can Gracie, but not Noah and Maya. They'll end up rubbing their faces and smudging it over everything and everyone" Connie replied.
"Ow pleaseeeee mummy, they'll look so cute! I just want to do something the same as them for once, please!" Grace begged.

Connie looked at Jacob who laughed, "come on con, Grace is right, they will look adorable" he said.
"Who's side are you on?" Connie chuckled.
"Clearly Grace's, and Noah's, he wants it done, see" Jacob said then he held Noah up in front of him and put on his best baby voice, "please let me get my face painted mummy" he said.
Connie and Grace both exploded into fits of laughter as Noah frowned and hit Jacob's head.
"Oi! I'm on your side matey!" Jacob laughed.
"I don't think he likes your baby voice Daddy!" Grace said through her laughed.
"Oh Jay you're such an idiot sometimes!" Connie laughed.
"But I'm your idiot" he smirked, "now can they get their faces painted or not?" he added.
"Fine! But if they make a mess you're cleaning it up!" She told him.
"fine by me sweetcheeks" Jacob grinned.

Jacob sat with Noah on his lap and Maya on Connie's as Noah had a tiger painted on his face and Maya a butterfly, the same as Grace.
"You gotta admit they look cute Con" Jacob smirked.
"I never said they wouldn't look cute, I said they'd make a mess and I still stand by that statement" Connie informed him.
"Only because you're never willing to be proved wrong sweetcheeks, £11 they don't make a mess" he laughed.
"Deal. Make sure you've got your wallet out muscles" she smirked.
"You two are reallyyyyyy embarrassing, you know that right?" Grace said.
Jacob laughed, "it's called being in love Grace, there's a difference" he told her.
"Not for me there's not" she giggled.

They paid for the face painting then made their way to the zoo shop.
"Which toy do you think we should get them?" Jacob asked.
Connie picked up a selection of four toys and held them out in front of Maya and Noah, both of them being held by Jacob.
"Clearly the giraffe" she said as both babies reached for it.
She put the rest of the toys back then picked up another giraffes and went to the till with Grace's toy and paid for them.
"Errr Con! Can you get me a baby wipe out please!" Jacob shouted over.
She raised an eyebrow and turned to look at her, "£11 Jacob, I did warn you" she chuckled, looking at Jacob who had black and orange paint smeared down his cheek from Noah.