Part 29

Maya had been taken home the next day after all her tests came back normal.
Connie and Jacob stood in her room watching over her as she slept in the little white crib whilst Noah slept in his room and Grace in hers.
"She's so beautiful" Connie whispered.
"Yeah she is" Jacob smiled as he wrapped his arm around her waist gently.
Connie lent into him and placed her head on his chest, "I really love you" she told him.
"I love you too beautiful" he said.
"How about a movie and cuddles on the sofa?" She suggested.
"Perfect baby" Jacob said.

They went downstairs hand in hand then Connie went into the kitchen and poured two glasses of wine before joining Jacob on the sofa to watch the note book.
She pulled a blanket over them and curled up into his chest, and for the first time in weeks they properly relaxed together, having no worries about getting a phone call from the hospital.
"We can be a proper family now" Jacob said.
"Yes we can, everything's perfect" Connie replied.
He smiled and placed a gentle kiss to her head as he rubbed her arm softly, "thank you baby, for everything you've done for me" he said.
"You're welcome Jacob, and thank you too" she said.
"What for babe?" he asked.
"Noah, being with me, everything" Connie told him.

"There's no one else in the world I'd rather be with, I promise you that beautiful" Jacob said.
"Ditto muscles, and there's no one I would rather have as the father of my child, no one" she replied.
Jacob smiled, "then how would you feel, about becoming my wife?" he asked.
Connie looked him directly in the eyes, "do you mean that?" she asked.
"I know it isn't the most romantic of settings, maybe it's cheesy, but I love you so much Connie, you, Grace, Noah and Maya mean the world to me. And I want nothing more than for you to be my wife. So Connie Beauchamp, will you marry me?" Jacob said.
"Yes, yes Jacob, yes. I'd marry you in a heartbeat" Connie replied as tears began to fall down her cheeks.

Jacob grinned and kissed her lovingly before lifting her off his lap.
She was confused as he stood up and walked out, returning a few minutes later and bending down on one knee.
"I thought you might want this?" He smirked as he held out the haribo ring to her.
She giggled a little nodded as he brought it closer to her finger but suddenly put it in her mouth.
"But I thought this would suit you better" Jacob said as he pulled out a black ring box from his back pocket.
"Oh my... Jacob, it's beautiful" she gasped as she studied the ring, a large clear cut diamond with smaller diamonds along the band of the ring.

Jacob took it from the box and held it up closer to her and watched as she noticed the inscription on the ring.
'My beautiful sweetcheeks'
Connie lent forward and pressed her lips to his softly as he slipped the ring on to her finger, "I love you muscles" she whispered against his lips.
"I love you too" he replied.
He embraced her in a hug, neither of them wanting to let go of each other, everything felt so right, perfect. But of course they were brought back to reality by the cry of a baby, "who's going?" Jacob asked.
"Both of us? We're in this together" Connie replied with a smile.
He nodded and got up, taking her hand in his and looking down at the ring on her finger as they walked upstairs.