I'm Cupid - Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

Either way I nodded and took a sip of my water, shifting from one foot to the other. "I think this is probably one of the prettiest sights there is."

"I could think of a few others." My stomach dropped as his eyes met mine, an unspoken continuity to his words as he looked at me with an intensity I wasn't sure I could keep up with. I gave him a small smile, trying to pass his comment as casually as possible so he couldn't see how much it really affected me.

"Yeah well, you know," I started, my voice sounding laid back as I tried to control the butterflies inside. "Dogs are the next best thing, and then maybe sunsets at the beach and-"

"Your eyes."

I swallowed, his words echoing in my head as the butterflies grew inside my body. I looked at his eyes through my lashes again, an uncertainty hanging in the air between us as we both didn't know how to act with the electrifying chemistry that always seemed to cling to us when we were together.

I gave him a small, shy smile and cleared my throat, seemingly impossible to pull my eyes away from his. I watched, from the corner of my eyes as his hand slowly raised upwards, tentatively, towards my cheek.

It was for only a moment that I felt the whisper of his hand against my face fore he dropped it back down, a light frown etched to his eyebrows.

"I can't figure you out, Angel." He said softly.

I scoffed. If he couldn't figure me out, how the hell was I supposed to understand him? 

Without answering I turned around and walked towards the ledge of the building, setting my glass on the edge before taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out.

Ryder confused and annoyed the shit out of me, but at the same time made my whole body light up in liquid flames that burst inside only to be extinguished once he closed himself off again.

It was the little moments, the handful of seconds his eyes would bright up as he looked at me that I knew that he felt some type of connection, some sort of spark that showed that the bond was there somewhere.

I just had to find a way to let him embrace it before it was too late.

Once again I felt his warmth radiate to me as he stood beside me, barely glancing down as he stared up ahead. He looked more tense than before, and I raised an eyebrow as I looked him up and down.

"What the hell's got you so tense?" I asked bluntly, making his gaze quickly link with mine.

He rubbed the back of his neck, a gesture that I was used to seeing when he was uncomfortable.

"I have the greatest fear of heights that ever existed." His tone was somewhat sheepish as he grimaced,  turning his back to the city before us and looking directly at me.

I tried to suppress the smile that was straining against my lips, the thought of big, bad, playful Ryder being scared of heights winning against my self control an it wasn't long before I let out a giggle.

I covered my mouth with my hand, knowing that it was probably hard for him to admit it and me laughing wouldn't make it better.

But, instead of an insulted face, I looked at Ryder to see him already grinning, a tender look on his eyes that immediately made my heart do a tap number against my chest.

I bit the side of my thumb, his intense gaze never leaving mine. Again, I saw his hand itch towards my face, but this time his fingers wrapped around my wrist, pulling my hand away from my mouth and onto his chest, making me involuntarily take a step towards him.

I looked up at him, trying to steady my breathing as I felt his chest press against mine, his defined v-line lightly touching my thigh.

"You're shaking," he whispered, his hand letting go of my wrist and moving to my unsteady fingers. I noticed how his hand slightly shook as well and quickly felt that his heart was beating as fast, if not faster than mine.

"You're shaking too." My voice felt soft compared to the chaos that was happening inside.

He lightly shrugged, giving me a look that made my stomach drop because of the unsaid emotion in if.

"You terrify me, Angel."

I frowned. "How could I possibly scare you, Ryder?"

He swallowed, his eyes never leaving mine. "Well," he slowly leaned closer, and I tried not to freak out as I realized there was a single breath between our lips. "Your name fits you perfectly, and I'm scared of hurting an angel like you."

I opened my mouth but he cut me off.

"The thing is," his other hand lightly grazed my cheek, his eyes now focused on the hand touching the skin as he had a focused look on his face.

"I honestly don't give a shit right now."

With that, he quickly tangled his hand with my hair, and pressed his lips against mine.

***

A/N: HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK, RIGHT? RIGHT?!

I believe I just had a lot of a heart attack writing this as you had reading this. BUT HOLY SHIT, RIGHT?

I obviously love this, even though my babies are growing up so fast. ;-;

But I want to know what you lovelies think! I hope you liked it.

IMPORTANT TO KNOW: I will be traveling for the next two weeks, so no updates until that! Around the 25th I'll be back on track, I think.

But anyways! Thank you for reading and being so cute!

xx

That's right, Yonce moment