I'm Cupid - Chapter 16

"Table four's order!" I immediately went to the warm cup of coffee sitting on the counter top, a couple of sugar cookies resting beside it on the plate. Picking it up, I swiftly made my way to table four all the way in the corner, beside one of  the windows of the shop.

It wasn't until I got there that I realized the order had been made by non other than my neighbor, who was now grinning as he saw me approach. I smiled at him and placed the coffee on the table.

"Hey you." I said over my shoulder as I quickly picked up the dirty plate left on the table beside Ryder's. Looking back at him, I watched as his hand picked up a spoon and swirled it around the warm drink in front of him. 

"Hey Angel." He said simply, smiling up at me before taking a sip of his coffee, shifting the laptop beside him so that it wouldn't be too close to the cup. "What do you think of this?" He asked, his eyes looking at something on the computer. 

I leaned in closer, trying to ignore his warmth slowly twirling around me, and looked at the black leather sofa in front of a pretty generic white wall. I shrugged, glancing up at his face slightly. "I like it, it's simple enough. I would put some cushions for some more color though." I watched from the corner of my eyes as he eyed me, I could feel his burning gaze running up and down my face.

He nodded, pursing his lips and leaning back on the chair. I tried to hide the disappointment I felt as I felt his presence leave me slightly and leaned back, looking at him with curiosity. "Why the question?"

Ryder took another sip of his coffee. "Nothing important, I need to buy new furniture and wanted an opinion." My heart quietly tried to burst out of my body when the thought of him caring for my opinion crossed my mind. I grinned down at him before turning around as I heard the cooks calling out the orders. 

"Hey Angel!" I turned around with a curious frown on my face, looking back at Ryder as he slowly grinned at me. 

"Would you mind giving me company on your break or..." 

------

Half an hour later, I quickly checked if there was anything else to do and yelled out that I was taking my break. After getting a quick response from someone inside the kitchen, I tried to seem casual as I eagerly made my way to where Ryder was looking at something in his computer screen. 

"Boo." I said to his ear and watched as he jumped to the side, a panicked look on his face. My laughter broke out as his face showed how surprised he was, followed by a non impressed look. 

"I'll get you back for that, princess." I almost chocked on air as I acknowledged the fact that he called me princess, and slid to the seat in front of him. Resting my head against the heal of my hand, I stared at him silently while he scrolled through his computer, a concentrated look on his face.

I was either staring for a long time, or he didn't like when people looked at him, because after what felt like two seconds he glanced at me, an eyebrow raised in question. I immediately looked down to the table, cursing my inability to be calm as I felt my cheeks quickly heat up. 

I could practically feel the amusement spilling from him as he spoke. "What's with the staring and blushing, Angel? Something in your mind?" He quickly ran a hand through his hair and I had to bite my tongue to stop the sigh that wanted to leave my mouth.

I swear to everything holy, one more attractive move from him and I'll shove the computer so far up his a-

"Earth to Angel... You there?" I softened the frown I felt on my face as he snapped his fingers in front of my face, a cocky smirk playing at his lips. I could literally taste the arrogant remark even before he said it. 

"Do I make you that speechless? Don't worry, it happens a lot." Surprise surprise. 

I cocked my head to the side, frowning again and looking at his face. "Huh." 

He looked confused. "What?" he said, suspicion showing on his face. 

I shrugged, lightly shaking my head. "Nothing," I started, standing up. "I was just trying to remember what you call a female dog, but a couple of seconds looking at your face and I remembered." I smiled sweetly, throwing a wave over my shoulder as I walked away. "See you later neighbor."

------

"And then she just left. Her loss, God dammit." Toby said before shoving a spoonful of Cookies N' Cream ice cream to his mouth. I halfheartedly nodded, too focused on trying to dig out the frozen treat. 

I heard him sigh and watched as he grabbed my spoon. In a swift move, he plunked out a big chunk, pressed it to the spoon with the box, and handed it to me. I smiled sheepishly, leaning back onto the couch and shifting my legs to a more comfortable position on his lap. 

"So..." I heard Toby say, a cheeky tone to his voice. Here we go.

"How are thing with the neighbor, blondie?" I choked on the bit of ice cream I was swallowing. Coughing, I patted my chest a couple of times and managed to bring back my breath. I then proceeded to glare the shit out of him.

Toby just laughed. Bitch.

"Come on Angel, I'm your friend, and I'm not blind. You turn to literal mush whenever he's near. Just admit it and tell me how's it going, I have a penis I can help." I snorted at the last part. "Now that's debatable."

I watched as his face went from amusement to offended. "Excuse you, I will have you know my penis is very much existent, in fact I've never gotten any complaints-"

"That's because there has been no one to com-"

"You know what? I'm just going to go next door real quick and tell that dude that my friend here has a raging crush on him, let me just-" 

I sat on top of him in an alarmingly fast period of seconds. 

"Okay for a cute little thing you're as heavy as a fucking whale, get off I'm not going anywhere." I rolled my eyes at his dramatic being and deliberately took my time to move off of him and sit down on my spot once again. 

I watched as a freakishly big grin spread across his face as he shifted towards me, crossing his legs Indian style and leaning forward, gesturing with a hand for me to start talking, an excited look washing over his whole body.

And then he wondered why I questioned his sexual life.

***

A/N: YAY TO THE Y-A-Y! Update alert. BOOM. A little bit on the shorter side, but hey, UPDATE.

I love Toby. I seriously do. He's so cool to me. But anyways, I want to know what you thought of this! Big things are coming, so buckle up, cuties. 

I hope you have a good day or night lovelies!

xx