I'm Cupid - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I was never one to feel nervous because of someone. Of course, when thousands of people look my way, my hands will start shaking, but if it's just one person who's asking for my attention I could give it to her or him without any problems. I was so confused when my heart started racing and my hands started to shake.

My mate could affect me more that I thought.

I was terrified. Thoughts and wonders began to fill my mind at a steady pace. Different scenarios passed through my eyes, each and every one of them had a horrible ending. I could feel his stare, only a single sentence was said by him, and I was already floating along with the moon on top. 

This man was my mate. I was sure of it. His deep voice made my heart go into overdrive, my thoughts were smashed into a ball of nonsense. All I could think of was his husky voice, I couldn't help but wonder how would he look like.

I took a deep breath, and slowly turned around to look at his jean covered thighs. Moving my sight up, I looked at the muscled chest, a couple of tattoos peaking out of his black shirt. A chain was hanging from his neck, a dog tag type that glinted with the light. 

His throat cleared and my eyes immediately snapped up to his, only to quickly run through his face. 

Firm plump pink lips were formed into a little erotic smirk, a straight nose and jaw, thick messy black hair was styled in a messy way that for some reason worked perfectly on him. He had the prettiest eyes I had ever seen. Grey and blue mixed with a deep green that stopped my body from functioning.

 This guyy took my breath away just by standing before me.

"Um... H-hi" I stuttered. I didn't understand what was happening. I was always sure of myself. I was always graceful and confident. Then this boy came along and ruined it in .05 seconds. 

"Sup neighbor, what's your name?" He spoke with so much confidence, that smirk always on his teasing lips. 

"Angel." I mumbled while looking at the sky. Thank God I didn't bring the bow and arrows outside.

"Why so serious Angel." He asked with his husky voice. My tummy fluttered and my hands shook. What was I supposed to say? 

"You don't know Batman?" He asked before I could say something. No, I didn't. I had heard the name a couple of times but I was never interested in watching the movies or reading the books, not that my mother would let me.

I simply shook my head and waited for his answer. His eyes widened and his mouth opened a little, showing his white teeth. Was everything about this man perfect? "Why don't you talk?" He asked, lowering himself and sitting beside me. The heat that came out of his body was engulfing me, bringing me closer to his chest.

"I don't have anything to talk about." I answered, trying to keep my breathing steady. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him frown, his head tilting to the side. 

"You can say some things about yourself." he said softly, something like amusement dancing in his eyes. I was nervous. I didn't think I'd meet him so soon. 

I frowned, not liking the teasing vibe I was getting from him. I raised my eyebrow, slightly pursing my lips. "Maybe you can tell me your name first."

"Lets say I don't have a name and keep it like that." 

With that, he stood up and entered his apartment through the window. I was speechless. No name, seriously? What were we, five?

Sighing, I entered my own apartment, looking outside once more with the hope of seeing him one last time before I went to sleep. Once I convinced myself that he wasn't coming, I changed into some pajama shorts and a tank top, and fell on top of the bed.