I'm Cupid - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Don't fuck with my love, that heart is so cold all over m-"

I slammed my hand on top of my phone, actually hoping that it would stop the continuous blaring of the song. Sighing, I pressed the button for the screen to light up, immediately regretting it when I felt my eyes watering. "Mother fu-"

There was a knock on the door.

Maybe it's him?

I scolded. I haven't seen my mate for almost two weeks, and I've come to the conclusion that he obviously said something that night that wasn't meant for me to hear. He hasn't been coming home, and even though I was mad at him for being such a coward, I couldn't help feeling worried, and most of all curious, about who he really was and if he was alright.

And totally not wondering if he was with someone else.

With a sigh, and a spark of hope, I raised myself from my bed and quickly checked my appearance on the window's reflection. Obviously, not having my mate close was taking a tole on me. Even when I was supposedly always beautiful, today was not my day. Dark shading underneath my eyes made them look more hollow, my skin was paler and my lips were chapped. If he didn't come home soon...

I don't even want to know what could happen to me.

Clearing my throat, I opened the door only to be greeted by an overjoyed Toby, bouncing on his heels. We've been growing incredibly close for the past week and a half, and I've grown fond of his excited personality and child-like aura.

"Hello Pretty Lady!" He said while side stepping my body and walking right into my apartment, leaving me by the door. "You might want to close that you know, 'tis getting colder by the minute" He grinned while he leaned on the counter.

"Sure, come on in" I mumbled, gently kicking the door and walking towards the kitchen. "So, what brings you hear this early?" I asked over my shoulder as I took two cups from one of the shelves and turning the coffee machine on. "I was walking down the neighborhood and then I thought to myself, you know what? I want to see my lovely friend before she speeds off to work" He said, his grin never faltering as he properly sat down on a stool.

"I'm sure you did. Now, how many sugars?" I asked, leaning back against the counter while the coffee poured into one of the mugs.

"Aww you're making coffee? I feel so at home already!" He smirked. "Two sugars, please, I like my things sweet" he winked while a closed grin spread to his lips. "You sure do smile a lot" I pointed out, taking both mugs in my hands and placing them in the counter, taking the sugar out.

"That's because I've got a lot of reasons to smile" He was closer, I could feel it. He wasn't touching me, but his body heat radiated off of him and onto me, giving me a sense of comfort and well, safety.

It felt nice.

I turned around and smiled lightly at him, offering the mug. I drank my coffee in silence, feeling his gaze on me momentarily before he looked down at his phone. After a couple of minutes submerged into a somewhat comfortable silence, I decided I was wasting enough time as it was, meanwhile I should be getting ready. "I'll go shower real quick, make yourself at home, 'kay?" I said while I placed the mug on the sink. Turning around I looked at him pointedly. "Just don't destroy my house, got it?" I received a innocent look from him while he took a sip of coffee. Swallowing, he grinned mischievously and said, "Whatever you mean by that? I will have you know, Shortcake, that I am a saint."

I snorted. Saint my ass.

"Tobias please me fucking kidding me!"

You guessed it. The supposed saint couldn't go on for ten minutes without doing exactly the opposite of what I told him to do.

There was egg, honey and flour, everywhere.

"When you hear the story you'll laugh! You see, there was I, trying to cook something for you to eat like the huge gentleman I am, and then, out of nowhere, a bee came flying in! A bee! Did you know I'm terribly allergic to those? One sting and my throat gets clogged up faster than you can say fuck, so I tried to kill it with the things what where close to me, which in this case, where unfortunate chicken fetuses..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck and grimacing guiltily at the floor.

I sighed. He was so lucky I was gifted with natural patience and understanding, because if not, I would shove all of those unfortunate egg fetuses up his ass-

"Why are you looking at me like that? Please don't murder me." Toby said, looking actually frightened of me. I snickered, looking at his face before I reminded myself of his doings. With that, a scowl formed on my forehead and I sighed.

"Did you at least kill the bee?" I asked, glancing around the room.

"I do think so, yes. I mean, at least one of the eggs would've hit the damned insect... Right?" He mumbled at the end, and I looked at him disbelievingly. I ringed Louise, asking if I could show up a little later.

"Oh no problem dear! Actually, just stay at home for today, there's a storm building up and none of the workers have showed up yet, so I'm just going to close up right now" I heart shuffling in the background, before I heard the jiggling of keys. I said alright and bid her goodbye, before looking once again at my idiotic friend.

"Stop looking at me like that! I should get brownie points for trying to do something nice!" He said, raising his hands up in the air.

"Plus, I'm kind of stuck here now, seeing as the weather is looking terribly ugly at the moment" He added, a smirk gracing his lips.

"Oh nu-uh. Wipe that smirk out of your face nerd, you're cleaning this up" I patted his cheek, watching his smirk fall off. I walked out of the room into the living room and turning on the TV.

I heard Toby muttering cuss words meanwhile I leaned back and smirked.

It turns out, I did end up helping Toby with the majority of the cleaning. The smell of egg and honey was getting to me, and so, after hours of scrubbing, and some messing around with flour, we both collapsed on the couch with a sigh.

"That was fun" Toby grinned, changing the channels until he came up with a movie, glancing at me. I snorted, "Tell me about it" before relaxing onto the couch and moving my sight to Alice In Wonderland.

Just as I was getting into the movie, we heard the last thing I'd want to hear in my life.

The unmistakable buzzing of a very much alive bee.

This moron...

***

TA-DAAAA

I know, I know, I've been gone for too long. Shocker. But yeah, QUESTION. Does anybody even read this?

Don't be a silent reader! Tell me what you thought of this chapter on the comments, and I dunno, gimme puns. I'm in the mood for puns.

Anyways, have a good day/night Mimis!

Love,

-Mia

PS: ED SHEERAN IS COMING TO CHILE ON APRIL 2015 AND I AM SO. FUCKING. PUMPED. Any of you share my adoration for him? I've got like around 60 songs from him on my phone. Yep, obsessed person here.

Anyhow, buhbais now! 💗 <3