I'm Cupid - Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Okay. Go get him tiger!" I instantly glared at Toby as he pushed me forward to Ryder's door. After the whole 'I'm a supernatural being' revelation and a movie, Toby suddenly had the idea that I was wasting time sitting down and not trying to win over my soul mate's heart.

His words, absolutely not mine.

So, after a lot of grunts from both parts, he managed to throw me over his shoulder, take the keys to my apartment with him and place me in front of Ryder's apartment. My feet were planted on the floor as I stared at the blank wooden door, nervousness slowly creeping around me.

"Why are you doing this again?" I whisper yelled, turning around to look at his glinting eyes.

A huge grin spilled through his lips. "This is fate! I'm taking part in magic stuff. Now go forth, or I'll make you!" His whispered voice annoyed me to no end.

I glared again, something that was more than common when Toby was involved. "I swear to god, you absolute dick-"

"Too late for insults!" Before I could acknowledge his moves, he quickly side stepped me, knocked quickly on the door, and sprinted to my apartment, leaving me behind to fend for myself.

My jaw hang open in disbelief as how quickly Toby threw me to the wolves.

Or wolf, really. A loner, intimidating, cocky, flirty fucking-

"Angel?"

I swirled around and met Ryder's eyes, who was curiously frowning at me while he leaned against the door frame.

He seemed to do that a lot, lean on walls and appear a hundred times prettier than it should be legal to.

Dick.

I smiled sheepishly, raising a hand as a poor wave.

"Hey, Ryder."

Silence swarmed us both briefly before he spoke again, an amused tone lingering in his voice.

"So... You're here because?"

I chewed on my lip and briefly registered that he glanced down at my mouth, immediately making fireworks pop open inside me. I quickly racked my brain for some useable lie as to why on earth I was standing in front of his apartment at around 11 o' clock at night.

"Well, you know. We're friends now, so I thought I could come over and hang out for a bit." I wanted to give myself a huge pat in the back for how relaxed I sounded, the complete opposite to what I was feeling inside.

It felt like a millennium before I saw his lips stretch into a heart-stopping grin and his body shift to the side, his hand gesturing me to come in. I suppressed the relieved sigh I wanted to give out and smiled at him as I passed, briefly gracing his chest as I walked through the doorway.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass, walking to the sink and filling it with water. Ryder stood behind me, arms crossed against his chest and an eyebrow arched.

"So you can freely roam around my apartment now?" His lips pulled up to a smirk.

I smiled innocently, passing him and walking to the open window. "Yep, free country and all," I said as I stepped over the frame of the window and walked out onto the roof.

There were clouds hovering around in the sky, giving tiny glimpses of the starts underneath. The moon shone through anyways and I couldn't help but exhale at the beauty of the ocean of lights that could be seen on the city.

I felt Ryder walk up beside me, his shoulder gently rubbing against mine as he stood close.

"It's beautiful out here at night." His voice was soft, his gaze looked far away as I assumed he got lost in his thoughts.