Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

***********************

        "So,” Ellis started. “Do— do you know the girl?"

        I unconsciously reached a hand to my neck and was surprised that I didn’t choke. "Nope. But she looks familiar."

        I shrugged the thought that that girl painfully seemed to be really familiar to me.

        “Can’t you really remember where or how or who she was?” Ellis tried to ask.

        I frowned at her and exasperatedly shook my head. I looked away, gazing by the window out the streetlights. I rested my cheeks on my knees and just stared.

         There was a long pause between us. Ellis was still on her clothes and was eating ice cream. The faint song was what was left occupying the noise inside the room.

        "So, what're you going to do now?" She asked, carefully.

        I tightened my grip to my shirt. My chest tightened. I was afraid of that question. Even though it had crossed my mind for about numerous times I wasn't able to prepare myself. It was either I was just afraid or I didn’t really bother myself to hear it.

          It was a long silence.

         “I don’t really know, El.” I closed my eyes. “What do you think should I do?”

        She sighed. I heard the couch gave a sound, making it seem she moved her position. “Well, first Andee did fcked up there.” I rolled my eyes.

        “Second, I don’t even think he had a good reason based from the way he explained it to you.” I bit my lip.

        “But as far as I’m concerned, you've been together for almost 6 years. And for me, this kind of shít is something you two can surpass. I mean, what else could possibly go wrong?"

        She was right. We've been together for nearly 6 years. He knew me better than anyone else. Not even my own family, of course.

        My faith in our friendship was overwhelming. We had fights. But this... This fight hurt me the most. I didn’t know why either. But the pain was there. I could feel it.

         "I’m going in. I need some rest." I told her, taking a last look outside.

/

         The sun stroked my eyelids. I stood up and unravel the curtains. Today was Sunday. But it felt like Friday just was yesterday.

         I had no plans going out of the house for the weekend. And as boring as this sound, I’d done nothing but stare outside. Today, the whole process as tomorrow would probably be the same.

        I was standing up as I look at the sky really peacefully. I breathed in and out as I relax more.

        I tried to smile on that thought and stepped back. I massaged my temples and crawled on my bed.

        I grasped my knees and rested my chin there. Everything was going back to my mind now. If I could only erase my thoughts from that night then all of these will be over. I closed my eyes and relaxed.