It's Been A Long Day

Chapter 30

I bent over the toilet and threw up my insides for the third time in the past two days. Vomiting was one of the main withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing and I hated it.

Kayla held my hair rubbed my back in a sympathetic way. I was thankful she was my roommate and not one of these other bitches cause they're all the same. Addicted to crack and mad at the world cause they can't get none.

"Thanks Kay." I said as I got up and brushed my teeth.

"No problem girl." She smiled and laid down on her bed. I finished brushing my teeth and did the same.  

It's been a month in rehab and today was the day Indya would be bringing her boyfriend to come meet me. I waited for my nurse to come get me and when she did, she lead me to the visitation area. When we got there, only Indya was there with an empty chair beside her.

She looked beautiful, just like the last time. Except this time her full lips were coated in bright red lipstick.

 Except this time her full lips were coated in bright red lipstick

"Hey Cali." She said, getting up to give me a hug.

"Hey Indya. Where's your boo?" I asked as we both sat down.

"He's outside taking a call, he should be here in a minute." She looked towards the entrance.

"Alright, well catch me up on what's been going on with you until then."

"Well, me and my boyfriend moved to a condo in Beverly Hills, just outside of WeHo. Cali things are going so good and even though we just got together two years ago, I think this is going to last a really long time.  As in marriage and kids." She glowed as she talked about her relationship.

"I'm happy for you." I genuinely smiled.

Is that how my face use to light up whenever I talked about Trey? I bet it did. God, I miss him so much. Why did he have to be taken away from me? The first man in my life that I actually loved and saw a future with, he was taken away from me. It was all my fault too. I'm so disgusted with myself, I took away a son from a mother and a father.

I hate when I get like this because then I feel the need to do some drugs. I knew for a fact I wasn't getting any, so I started sweating. I felt a panic attack coming on but I tried my hardest to pull myself together, for the sake of my little sister.

I looked up and made eye contact with Miles? What was he doing here? Indya turned to see what I was looking at and squealed when she saw Miles walked towards us.

"There he is." She said, causing me to immediately smile. I already know they're perfect for each other.

"Miles!" I screamed, embracing him in a huge hug.