The Welcoming of Cashmere & Charlotte

Chapter 22

I was laying in a hospital bed, wearing one of those ugly hospital gowns, while chewing ice chips. My nose was cleaned up and bandaged, Caine definitely broke it when he punched me. I was pissed but I couldn't be too mad cause I was whooping his ass before he did it, which is why he had a black eye.

Passion sat in the chair beside the bed, glaring at Caine who sat across the room with his head in his hands. We haven't said a word to each other since we got here and I'm thankful for that because I don't feel like hearing his bullshit apologies.

Doctor McMillan came in and looked between me and Caine strangely, but I could tell she decided against what happened cause she started flipping through her clip board. Her eyes got wide so I'm assuming she saw that I had gotten drunk.

"Cali Dakota Love!" She screeched with disappointment in her voice. Over time, developed a bond from my numerous doctors appointments.

"I know, I'm sorry Doctor McMillan. I wasn't in my right state of mind." I mumbled the last sentence.

"Sweety, that's still not an excuse. When you drink alcohol, so does your baby. Because babies are so small compared to adults, alcohol breaks down much more slowly than in an adult. This means that alcohol remains in a baby's blood much longer than in the blood of its mother thus leading to possible irreversible harm to the baby's development." She explained, causing me to get teary eyed.

"I-I'm sorry, I just wasn't thinking right." I stammered.

"Don't apologize you me honey, you need to be apologizing to Caine and these babies." She said.

"Fuck him." I spat. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"You just put your babies at risk for fetal alcohol syndrome. Let me check to see how many centimeters you're dilated." She said, pulling her roller stool in front of me. She propped my legs up and got between them, before poking around down there.

"How's it lookin' doc?" Caine spoke, for the first time. I immediately rolled my eyes at the sound of that dirty bastard's voice. The fuck is he worried about it for?

"She's four centimeters. Did you want to get an epidural?" She asked.

"No, I heard about the possible side effects of those so I'll have to just ride it out natural. The pain ain't that bad anyways." I shrugged, chewing on some more ice. Don't get me wrong, this shit hurt..worse than period cramps, but I didn't want to put my babies any more at risk than I've already done.

"Alright. You two need to talk." Doctor McMillan suggested as she walked out the room. I sighed in frustration cause she was right. In a few hours, we would be parents to not only one, but two children.

"Aye Pash ca' we get a minute?" Caine asked Passion. She scoffed and rolled her eyes before picking at her nails.

"It's fine Passion."

"You sure? I don't want to come back and you have another broken body part Cali." She said, getting up and glaring at Caine once more.

"Yes, I'm sure. He ain't that stupid." I answered. She nodded and grabbed her purse before leaving out.

"Ca-"

"Why?" I cut him off.

"I acted out of instinct baybeh, you was hittin' me wit dem hard ass hits..I fa'got who you was fa' a minute." He explained.

"Not that part jackass. Why was you sleeping with that rat ass bitch behind my back?" I asked.

"Oh..baybeh dat shit was a mistake, I swea'. She came through one day lookin' fa' you n' I mean, it just happened." He answered.