“We don’t have anything going on, Elle,” he stated.

“But! But you said you loved me! You have to feel something to know that!”

Shaking his head, he looked me straight in the eye. “That is where you are wrong. I like the eighteen-year-old Elle, not you. You are not the Elle I ... love ... you're immature and a pain in the ass.” He told me with nothing but honestly and harshness seeping from his voice.

My eyes watered up with tears. Reaching out, I shoved Bryson in the chest. “You are so mean!” I shouted as tears cascaded down my face. “I hate you!”

Bryson moved back, but didn’t get off the bed.

Lunging at him, I pushed him down on the bed. “Did you not hear me? I hate you! You jerk!”

Showing no emotion, Bryson wiggled out from under me and got off the bed. I half expected him to leave the room, but instead he just stood by the bed.

Grabbing my pillow, I threw it at him. “Get out!” When I noticed he was just looking at me and watching as tears ran faster and faster down my face, I got mad. With irritation, I got off the bed and balled up my fist that rested on my sides. “Is this what you wanted to see?” I inquired and took a step so that I was toe to toe with him. “You want to see the thirteen-year-old me cry!” Reeling back I went to punch him but he caught my fist in mid-air.

“You will have to be a lot faster than that to hit me, Eke,” Bryson said.

Ignoring how his words brought a sense of familiarity, I let out a roaring noise that pretty much summed up my anger. “Gaaaaaaaa!!!!” I tried punching him with my other hand but he was able to catch that hand too. With a wicked smile I went to kick him in the shin, but he moved his leg out of the way, obviously showing me he had quick reflexes.

Before I could attack him again, Bryson let go of my hands and roped his arms around my waist. Surprising me, he pulled me so close to him that there was absolutely no space between our chests. “You are acting very immature.”

Deciding not to look at him, I stared at his collar bone that was right in front of my eyes and showing out of the neckline of his grey cotton shirt. “Let go of me, Bryson,” I muttered in aggravation.

Leaning down in my line of vision, Bryson smirked. “No.”

Growling, I glanced at something random in the room. It was then that I remembered from the years back from Peter being mean to me when I wasn’t in the mood to fight back, that if I ignored him he would leave me alone. With that, I figured that I would just ignore Bryson as he held me in the middle of my room because sooner or later he would have to let go of me...

“Not going to speak?” He asked after a minute and five seconds passed by.

I didn’t say one word or even hint that I heard him as I started to contemplate on what my father would want with Bryson. It evidently had to do with the insurance company Dad owned due to the files he had in hand. However, I couldn't place what my dad wanted with Bryson ... maybe Bryson was trying to get a job there. After all, dad would probably want to know his background before hiring him. Yet, Bryson was fourteen then, too young to work, especially at an insurance company as vast and big as my father's.

He could have been filing for insurance, but once again he would have been too young to do that. His parents would have had to do that for him and my father didn’t ask about Bryson’s parents ... which, if my memory serves me right, I have never met or heard about his family.

In that second I bit my tongue from asking Bryson about his family, I was after all ignoring him.

“Don’t make me tickle you,” he stated as he appealed to one of my many weakness.