"Wow, you're so high maintenance, babe. How dare they give you plain f-cking socks," I asked sarcastically. She giggled and sat down on her bed. "So, that's all you got?"

"Well no. Macy gave me a Victoria's Secret gift card so there's that." I didn't know whether to be excited that Emery could possibly use that card to buy some lingerie or annoyed that she was spending time with Macy. Part of me really wanted to tell her how fake Macy was and how she tried to get with me. Emery seemed too happy at the moment though, and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Macy, huh?"

"Yeah. She was bummed that you didn't decide to come home with me for break. I told her maybe you could swing by one day when you're not busy. I know you have some games and you need to practice, but I miss you, Julian." It had been a week since we last saw each other since that's when the break began. I missed Emery too.

"I can come by tomorrow. I can spend the night if you'd like," I attempted.

"Really!? Can you," Emery asked me with excitement. "What time will you be over!?"

"I'll leave some time in the morning and call you whenever I get there. Deal?"

"Deal!"

-

When I got to Emery's place the following day, I was greeted at the door by her mother before I even saw Emery. Her mom was still in her pajamas and she had a coffee cup in her hand. It was noon, and from the smell coming from the cup, I knew she was drinking alcohol rather than coffee. As usual, she greeted me with a hug but also something else. In her other hand, she had a wrapped box. It was a pretty decent size. "This is from Ivan and I. Emery told us about how you're spending your break and we think you deserve something nice."

"Thank you, Mrs. Morrison. I really appreciate it," I told her as I kindly took the box from her. The box wasn't heavy but it certainly wasn't light either. Sarah looked at me expectedly as she waited for me to open my gift. Emery ended up walking in and that's when I greeted her. "Hey, baby," I said before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She blushed before looking from her mother to me. "Hey, Ling Ling. What do you have there," she asked as she eyed the present under my arm. I guess her parents didn't tell her that they had gotten me something.

"Your father and I got Julian a present. She's just about to open it," Sarah explained before taking a sip of her 'coffee.' "Now hurry up and open it, honey! I can't wait to see your face."

Without further due, I began ripping at the gift paper as calmly as I could even though I was anxious to see what they had gotten me. Once I got the wrapper off, I saw a familiar logo. Her parents had gotten me sneakers. I was pretty picky about my kicks so my stomach turned. The last thing I wanted was to seem ungrateful if they actually bought something terrible. I opened the box slowly and when I did, my mouth dropped. In the box was a pair of black sneakerboots that really weren't bad for the eye. They were actually pretty stylish. I knew they had to cost her parents over a hundred dollars. "These are beautiful, Mrs. Morrison. How did you figure out my shoe size?"

"Lucky guess," Sarah said with a shrug. She seemed really happy that I loved the shoes so much. "Ivan is a real sneaker guy so he picked them out for you. I'm just happy that you love them. I know you've been through a lot in the past couple of months but I want you to know that you're like family to us. Emery loves you. We love you and you're always welcome here, Julian."

I bit my lip to hide a goofy grin. It was honestly so good to hear Emery's mother say that. It was nice to know I had somewhere to go if things ever got any worst. I looked over at Emery who had a smile that was just as big as mine on. She grabbed my arm and kissed my lips quickly. "Merry Christmas, baby."

Even though Christmas was yesterday, Emery's parents gave me a dope pair of shoes and Emery gave me a nice belated Christmas f-ck and to make things even better, Emery offered up to make dinner for the night. Of course with all the good happening, at least one thing bad had to take place. The bad thing being that Macy came over. Emery invited her over to dinner and until dinner began, she wanted me to actually spend time with Macy. I was annoyed that we were just left in Emery's room all alone.

On purpose, I knew Macy wore a short and revealing skirt. "What do you want to talk about," Macy asked me as we both sat on Emery's bed. I ignored her and continued to look through recent news on the ESPN app on my phone. Literally, Macy was scum and she didn't deserve my attention. Without warning, Macy snatched my phone from my hand. "Don't be mean, Julian."

"I'm not. Now give me my phone back," I urged as I reached for it. She held my phone close to her chest and shook her head.

"You have to talk to me first."

"I'm not in the mood to talk, Macy. You're nasty."

"Nasty," Macy asked as if she was offended. She repositioned herself on the bed and her skirt rode up some more. Her legs were slightly open and I cleared my throat when I saw something I didn't want to see. She wasn't wearing any panties and her pussy was basically out in the open. "I'm not nasty, Julian. You are. You're the one who's looking places you shouldn't be right now."

"Are you kidding me? Maybe you shouldn't wear such revealing clothes."

"Maybe your eyes shouldn't be looking up my skirt."

"I wasn't."

"You obviously were." I groaned and Macy smirked. "Do you want your phone?"

"Yes."

"Well, you have to earn it."

"Just give me the f-cking phone!"

"Let's make a deal. I'll give you your phone and all you have to do is do what you know you really want to do. I know you want to f-ck me so I'm allowing you to in return to get your phone." I actually laughed at her. I didn't want to have sex with her. All I wanted was my phone back. She was desperate and ridiculous.

"No. You're f-cking crazy."

Macy looked as if she was getting agitated with me not giving into her. She looked at me dead in the eye with a stone glare. By the look in her eye, I could tell she was fed up. "Fine. We can play this the hard way. Have sex with me or I'll tell Emery that you took advantage of me."

"Are you f-cking kidding me?! She wouldn't believe you. She knows that I would never do that."

"Trust me. She'll believe me. Do you really think she'll believe you over her in distress cousin that she's known forever? A few tears and accusations, and she'll never talk to you again."

I clenched my jaw before covering my face. Emery wouldn't believe me. Macy was right. Over anyone else, Emery may believe that I wouldn't treat anyone like that but not with her cousin that she's been friends with since childhood. Macy would always win over me. "So, what do you say, Julian?"

-

Do you think Julian could possibly make it in the NBA?

What should Julian do about the Macy situation?

Do you think Emery would believe Julian over Macy?