∞ 6

Chapter Song: Company - Justin Bieber

"You ain't gotta be my lover for me to call you baby, never been about no pressure, ain't that serious..."

-

F-cking the night before having an 8 AM wasn't exactly the smartest thing that I've done, but it was worth it. I ended up falling asleep in Emery's bed, and I stayed there until her loud roommate came tramping in around 5. Emery didn't wake up from her noisy roommate, but I did and when I did we locked eyes immediately. She looked at me as if she was confused and then shook her head as if she was imagining things. "Okay, it's time to go to bed, Reagan. You're seeing sh-t," she said to herself before walking over to her bed and passing out.

I took this time to make my leave. Gently, I got up making sure not to wake Emery, but she whimpered when she noticed my movements. "You're leaving," she whined with her eyes still closed.

I stood up and started putting on my clothes that were on the floor. "I have to. I'll text you, okay?" I leaned over and kissed her cheek once I got dressed and she smiled softly.

"Okay."

Now here I was, trying my best not to fall asleep in my computer programming class. I kept zoning off and the only thing that kept me awake was one of my friends in the class, Tank. He was a bodybuilder and he looked quite funny sitting behind such a small desk. We were in the same major so we had a lot of classes with each other, which caused us to bond a little. He was a super sweet guy and despite being a bodybuilder, I don't think he could hurt a fly. "You good, man," Tank asked me with his eyebrows furrowed.

I just nodded my head simply. After that class, I decided that I needed coffee. I had three more classes and there was no way I was getting through them without some caffeine. I got through my two classes, and then headed to my third and final one, Physics. Walking in, I looked up front to my unassigned assigned seat that I usually sat at. It was taken by some gothic kid who seemed to be rocking out to the music in his headphones. His damp, dyed black hair swung back and forth as he rocked out. I rolled my eyes with annoyance. I hated when people sat where I usually sit at in class. You would think that everyone would stay committed to the seats they sat at for the first week of class, but no, people had to bounce around and steal seats like jackasses. I wanted to tell the gothic kid about himself but I didn't want to risk him going into backpack and shooting up the whole class so I just clenched my jaw and kept moving.

"Ling Ling!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and stopped staring at my taken seat and looked to my right. Sitting in the back with her hands up in the air for me to see her was Emery. She had a goofy smile on her face which brought my mood right up. I smiled as well and made my way to sit by her. It was hassle to scoot past so many people to get to her, but the journey was all worth it. When I approached her, I sat down right beside her. "Good afternoon, burrito."

She giggled and pulled my hand under the desk so she could hold it. I normally liked to sit in the front of the classroom but I didn't mind sitting in the back for her. That adorable, dopey smile on her face made me want to kiss her so badly but I knew I couldn't in public. She wasn't my girl and I didn't need people spreading rumors. It's not like it'd be a bad thing, but I didn't want anyone badmouthing Emery. Girls could get so envious over me sometimes.

"Bro, that's my f-cking seat!" Emery quickly let go of my hand and looked towards a girl standing above me. She was about average height and she had just as many tattoos as I did. Her Boston accent reign supreme and dominant. She wasn't bad looking at all, but I wasn't into the dominant type. There's only room for one of them in the relationship and that was me.