Chapter Thirtyseven - Death brings new life - Elliot's P.O.V

Chapter Thirty-seven – Death brings new life – Elliot's P.O.V

"Sophie darling, you're safe. That man can never hurt you again you hear me?" I spoke smoothly and calmly. Sophie nodded and cuddled further into my side, as I held her on my hip.

I had such a deep connection with this little girl. It was breaking my heart knowing that I wouldn't be able to see much of her ever again.

The sirens of the police and ambulance still blasted throughout the warehouse. I watched anxiously as they lifted Leah onto the stretcher. She was breathing, that was the main thing. It made me relax the slightest. Yet she was screaming and looked like she was in so much pain, and that frightened me.

"What are they doing with Leah?" The tired soft voice of Sophie spoke.

"They are taking her to this happy place where they give you these special lollies that make you feel and look better," I lied.

"What about me being aunty?" Sophie asked

"Let's go see Leah at the happy place? Yeah, come on," I said dismissing Sophie's question, to upset to give her the proper answer. Sophie looked confused yet complied with my answer and placed her head back on my shoulder, and placed her little thumb gently back into her mouth, a way of comforting herself.

I smiled softly at Sophie and tighten my grip on her and then looked over at Leah. She was trying to speak. What was she trying to say? I thought.

"I love you both" she mouthed,

Those four words broke me, broke me completely. There was still hope. I told myself. Oh my god, she loved me. Leah still loved me.

"Love you Leah!" Sophie's soft voice shouted.

I was too stunned to say the words back. I loved her, of course I did. I just couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that maybe, just maybe everything could work out.

The baby. The uncertainty that this baby was indeed alive was nail biting. I didn't know, neither did the paramedics

As Leah was being placed into the ambulance I heard a blood curdling scream from her. I ran, I ran to the ambulance with Sophie. The paramedics were all surrounded around her.

Leah's pale body was in compulsion. My eyes budged. No no no this couldn't be happening.

"Help her! Help her!" I shouted with all my might.

One of the paramedics turned around and saw my worry. He shook his head and made his way out of the ambulance to talk to me. He looked in his mid 40's, and he looked like he knew what he was doing, which soothed my worries the slightest.

"Sir everything will be fine, I promise you," The man directed to me.

"What's going on? Why is she like that?" I ask frantically, worry building by the seconds.

"The shot wound to her abdomen has put her into labour, and the loss of blood is not helping either, we need to get her to hospital now, and get in contact with her partner or mother," He explained professionally.

"I'm her partner, and the father of her baby, that's my baby!" I shouted.

"Sir I'm afraid you can't ride in the ambulance with us, it's to full, you should make your way to the hospital behind us," the man said before turning around and running back to the ambulance.

The ambulance doors were soon after closed and the sirens once again blasted. The ambulance was off.

The policemen were writing up reports while speaking to the coroner who was examining the low life's disgusting body, which lay dead on the floor over back over at the scene.

"Attempted homicide resulting in suicide," they spoke to one another., their pens fiercely writing on the paper beneath them.

I lay my eyes on that disgusting man once more before I rushed my way to car and buckled Sophie into her car seat. The one I still hadn't been able to get rid of, even after all that time Leah and I had been broken up. Sophie was now asleep so it was considerably easier to buckle her in.

I drove over the speed limit until I reached the hospital in which Leah was being operated on this minute. I prayed, and I prayed that both Leah and our baby were alive, and would survive fully throughout all of this.

I parked in a spot I wasn't allowed, but in all honestly I didn't care one bit. Nothing was more important than Leah and our baby at this minute.

I unbuckled the sleeping Sophie and made my way into the hospital.

"Leah Daniels," I yelled frantically. "Leah Daniels."

"Sir, she is in surgery at this moment. Are you family?" The receptionist asked as she ogled me. This was not the time for ogling women. I'm here for Leah, not some slutty receptionist with her top as low as her standards.

"Yes I'm her husband," I lied. I knew if I said anything else, there wouldn't be anyway id every get to see her.

The girl looked me up and down with a disappointed frown. She wasn't happy by the looks of it, but who could give two shits, my Leah was in there and she needed me, Sophie too.

"Fine but you can't go in, not yet anyway. Please be seated and we will call you when she comes out of surgery," the girl explained with longing.

I nodded and took a seat on the plain hospital chairs. There sat a range of different people who looked just as anxious as I did. Some with their heads in their hands, and some just crying. Not bothered by whose there to watch.

Sophie was still asleep, her head rested on my shoulder. I shouldn't wake her; she needs the sleep. She didn't need to be worrying about any of this, not now at least.

I smoothed her hair with my hand and pulled her closer to me. I loved this little girl so much, and had begun thinking she was a daughter of my own. I loved her, as did my family, and I knew it would break their hearts to hear what had happened. Yes, I still hadn't let them know, I guess I was still holding onto that tiny piece of hope that Leah and I could be a family again.

I lifted my head to the sound of footsteps nearing. It was the doctor. I met his gaze and my heart broke into a million pieces when I saw his expression.

"I'm sorry," he said.