Prologue

When you're young... you think love is a foolish game of: guesses, flings, flirtations, and something that will just fall into your lap. The world has this notion that love is mad; and well it is. Well that's what I thought growing up; that you're foolish to believe that love will just fall into your lap and be like ta-da. It doesn't work that way. Love is complicated to say the least; there's always going to be ups and downs; a wrong way and a right way. You can possibly know what love is at sixteen. I'm sorry Shakespeare - but Romeo and Juliet was not an act of love; but an act of lust and rebellion. That wasn't love. No - it was nowhere near being closely relatable to love; just the exact opposite.

When I get close to someone; I dream of what our future holds - but I quickly put the walls up when anything starts looking bad. I do not want to end up like everyone else. I don't want to suffer heartbreak at sixteen. I just want to get through my schooling and maybe look for someone to possibly fall in love with.

Bing. My phone goes off as another person has updated their status for the fifteenth time. What now?

I am so in love with my boyfriend. Together forever. You guys must be jealous!

No way. Does Dom not know that she's probably going to: 1.) get pregnant, 2.) get some type of disease, 3.) get her heartbroken, 4.) get married to this dude and have his children; just to be cheated on with by someone younger - while she's fat and running after their kids, or 5.) all of the above?

Going into sophomore year has me thinking that I am growing up with complete dingbats to say the least. Love is love - but love is something you don't know until you're old and wrinkly and wiser beyond teen years. How can girls be so naïve? I would never fall potentially in love before I am even twenty?

Nope. Never happening. Especially with the people I am in school with. Jocks? Not a chance. Too egotistical and full of themselves; normally a cheater to say the least. Nerds? I don't want to date someone like me. Band geeks? Too troubling. I will wait until college; because I'd have to be on drugs before I date anyone at Majesty Heights High; especially Sir Jake de Beauchamp.

I gather my things and head out the door. My life isn't really going well -. I think right before I trip over myself and fall flat on my face. No - I had very bad luck and that was yet another reason for the not-wanting-love-or-to-find-love-at-such-a-young-age. The though infuriates me as I head out to get coffee before school.