Preparations

(Can I add; that - for some reason - this chapter was very hard to write... I don't know why, but here it is! That's it... continue reading...) 

  The suit was amazing as I found out how to do different tricks and how to work the suit. Tony made me practice flying - which I was starting to hate, especially when he made me go high -, shooting with the weapons, and even dodging in the suit. If I compared Tony's maneuvering and then mine, it was very obvious that Tony was experienced with the metal armor, but he was a good teacher. I learned my way around the suit pretty quickly, but I still wasn't even close to being good at it. Even when we practiced for hours, I was still trying to get the hang of it.
  "Now try it!" Tony called up to me. I was in the air - about fifty feet because I didn't want to go any higher - and I was still practicing.
  There was a voice that rang in my suit and it also came from Tony's suit that was still unattached to him but standing on the ground. "Sir, I would just like to remind you of the time," JARVIS's voice called in the suit. It was like a telephone because I could hear JARVIS's voice and Tony's.
  Tony slipped out his phone then glanced down at it, "Alright, thank you," he called toward the suit then he slipped his phone back in his pocket. Tony stepped towards his suit and seemed to melt back in as the metal moved to form around him. "Sam, it's time to eat," Stark's voice rang in my ear, just like a telephone, as if he was right beside me.
  "How does time seem to skip like that?" I wondered out loud then lowered myself a little, towards Tony. I forced the rockets on my feet to stop, so then I flew straight towards the ground. I managed to land on my feet but I had to stumble around to catch my balance, then I lifted my arms in victory, "Yes! I landed on my feet!"
  "You still need some practice, kid," Tony said, playfully. Then he kicked his rockets on and started flying a few feet up.
  I stopped him, "Uh, Tony... Can we take a cab?"
  Tony turned toward me then he narrowed his eyebrows, "Are you still scared of heights?"
  Metal clanked together as I crossed my arms, "Yes!"
  "We'll stay low until we get to the tower," Tony negotiated.
  "Isn't that why you have an elevator?" I pointed out, sass laced through my tone.
  "I made the rockets so we can fly," Tony hinted.
  I sighed and pouted, crossing my arms. I was disappointed in myself that I was scared to fly but it was a fear and I couldn't change it. Maybe I shouldn't even have the suit...
  Tony saw how discouraged I was so he let out a small sigh, "Sam, you don't give yourself enough credit. I'm sure you could go a lot higher than you think you can," he reassured me. "We'll keep low for now, okay?"
  The air got quiet as I nodded so Tony kicked his rockets on and I did the same. I followed behind Tony as he flew back to the tower. We didn't fly higher than fifty feet so I wasn't too terrified as we flew down the streets. It seemed like the tower just appeared in front of us as we approached it. The building seemed huge against us as it loomed over our standing bodies. My head started throbbing and spinning while my stomach churned.
  "I don't think I can, Tony..." I admitted while staring up at the tower. "It's a long way down."
  Tony took a deep breath, "Alright, maybe some other time." Then, he stepped toward the building so the doors swung open.
  I paused then reached for his wrist to stop him, so he turned towards me and I blushed, "Um... Thanks, Tony."
  Stark flashed me a smile, "Now, what do you want to eat?"
  I walked into the tower with him and thought, "Can we just order some pizza?"
  The elevator dinged as it opened and Tony chuckled, "Yeah, we can."
  There was a small lift as the elevator started going up and the small space was quiet. So, I took a deep breath and thought about what we were going to do today. Today was the day to expose Dr. Clyde and help Tony's business and reputation. I had been waiting for this day for a while, but it only made me more nervous. Tony knows what he's doing, right?
  "Sam," Tony yanked me from my thoughts, so I looked up and he was standing outside of the elevator.
  It took a few heartbeats for my mind to process but I finally breathed, "Oh..." and stepped out of the elevator too.
  "JARVIS, call the closest pizza place," Tony ordered the computer.
  The A.I was quick to reply, "Yes sir. Will it be the usual?"
  Tony paused then turned to me, "Do you like pepperoni?"
  "Yeah," I answered, then raised my eyebrow, "The usual?"
  Tony's cheeks turned red but his facial expression was straight as he shrugged, "Normal people order pepperoni, so 'the usual'..."
  I quickly nodded, "Right, 'cause you never order pizza, right? I mean, who does that?"
  "Alright, sass queen, I order pepperoni a lot. Happy?" The adult shot me a playful glare. "Yes, JARVIS, the usual."
  I took a seat on the couch and pursed my lips in thought, "So, what's the actual plan, Tony?"
  Stark sat down beside me and answered, "Well, I make it quick and simple. We're just going to go into his secret lab and get evidence. Tomorrow I will take it up to the people I work for-,"
  "I thought this was your business?" I interrupted him.
  "Everyone works for someone. Anyway, I will take it up to them and I'm sure they'll get rid of him and the suits. If they don't then I'll take care of him myself," he explained.
  I narrowed my eyebrows, "Why can't you just 'take care of him' now?"
  "For what? Suspicion? No, I need proof," Tony pointed out.
  I paused for a moment, "How did you find his lair?"
  "JARVIS tracked the robot that broke in here back to some abandoned building in the middle of nowhere," Tony answered.
  "And you're sure that's where he's hiding?" I challenged.
  Tony sighed, "I checked it out. But he shouldn't be there today because he should be at a business conference."
  After I processed the thought, I nodded then stood up and walked to the kitchen. There was a coffee machine so I opened a drawer and took out a flavor then I popped it into the machine. The technology was definitely high tech and confusing so it took me a couple minutes of staring at the machine to figure out which buttons to press. Finally, after I grabbed a coffee mug, the machine started making the coffee. It didn't take any time at all for the liquid to spew out of the contraption. The coffee finished pouring into the cup so I grabbed the milk from the fridge and splashed it in. Then, I grabbed the sugar and Tony walked into the kitchen with me as I started pouring the sugar. We watched as the sugar flowed into the cup... and flowed... and flowed...
  Eventually, Tony's eyes widened and he quickly pulled the sugar away, "You don't need that much sugar, Sam!"
  I pouted, "But I hate black coffee..."
  "Doesn't mean you need to go into a sugar comatose from it," Stark exclaimed, being over dramatic. "What do you need coffee for, anyway?"
  I gave a quick shrug as I stirred the drink in the cup, "It just sounds like we're going to be up for a while, and I need to be on full alert tonight."
  Minutes passed by as I sipped on the coffee, then JARVIS broke the silence, "The delivery guy is downstairs, sir."
  "I'll be right back," Tony stated towards me, then he walked towards the elevator.
  I was left alone with my thoughts; everything was going to be as simple as Tony explained, right? Clyde was going to be at the business conference, right? Nothing bad was going to happen... right? I sighed and sat down on the stool at the kitchen counter. I just had to remember that Tony was going to be there. He's smart, brave, he's a hero so I knew I shouldn't be worried as long as Tony wasn't scared, then I shouldn't be either. We were going to get proof, bust Clyde, and all of this will be over. Then I thought; what's going to happen after that? Pepper will come back and I'll leave...
  The ding snapped me out of thought as the elevator doors swung open and I saw Tony smirk, "I brought pizza," then he paused, "Hey, what's wrong?" his voice softened and his expression melted into a frown.
  I quickly looked up at him then I pulled my gaze away, "Nothing, just hungry," I lied. Before Stark could question the statement, I pulled two plates out of the cabinet and slapped two pieces of pizza on each. I grabbed one plate and picked up the pizza, slipping it into my mouth.
  "Hey, you know you can back down at any time. You don't have to go and I would even prefer if you stayed here," Tony pressed.
  "I told you, I'm just hungry," I snapped in frustration. I continued to eat the food, but looked back up at Tony when he didn't say anything. His eyebrows were furrowed with irritation but I knew he wasn't going to say anything, so I took a deep breath and swallowed the bite, "I'm sorry... I told you I needed the coffee."
  Tony let out a small sigh, "Just tell me if you don't want to go, okay?"
  I quickly nodded, "Okay." 

  "Sam, you ready?!" Tony called from the living room.
  We had finished the pizza and now I was in my bedroom, trying to get ready. I glanced out the window in my room and found that the sun was slowly going down. Was this a good idea to go so late when it was getting dark? I threw on some comfortable shoes then I walked out of my bedroom, "Yeah, let's go."
  I breathed as we walked into the elevator while my heart was beating rapidly. Tony looked completely unfazed by what was going down, like he wasn't nervous at all; which was good because that gave me confidence, but I was still anxious. Everything will be fine, I told myself. The elevator doors opened up so I, hesitantly, followed after Tony as he headed towards one of his cars.
  "The suits are in the back. In case we need them," Tony admitted, so I nodded and slid myself into the car. Tony got into his car too and started up. The drive started out quiet but Tony didn't seem like he wanted to keep it that way, "You shouldn't be nervous, you know. You are with the best." 
  "Best at what?" I tested.
  "True, I am pretty good at everything," Tony boasted. 
  I rolled my eyes, "That makes me feel so much better," I said with obvious sarcasm.
  Tony added, "They say to always trust smart people... and handsome people, and strapping people. Well, I don't mean to brag-,"
  "Yes, you do."
  "But I am all of those things," Tony continued like I didn't say anything.
  I pursed my lips in thought, "Isn't strapping usually used for young people?"
  Tony paused then shot me a look, "Buzzkill."
  "Vainglorious," I shot back.
  "Self-infatuated."
  I knit my eyebrows together, "Ostentatious."
  "Stop having bigger words than me... Mouth-breather," Tony joked.
  I couldn't help but giggle at the insult, "Alright, alright. You win."
  "I always do," Tony commented.
  "You and your ego," I rolled my eyes but grinned. I paused, "Antediluvian," I mumbled under my breath.
  Tony snapped his head toward me, "I heard that."
  Finally, the car stopped so I peered out the window and saw some sort of building. I stepped out of the car and looked up at the building. It was huge, again with the tall buildings, but it wasn't bigger than Stark's tower. The building looked abandoned and it still looked like it was supposed to be under construction but - for some reason - it just stopped. The moon was peeking out behind the building, which made it seem slightly more creepy than it already did. It didn't seem finished so the roof was almost none existent in some areas. There were some windows but a lot of them were either gone or broken. The bricks were cracked and covered with moss.
  "Whoa..." I muttered.
  Tony seemed just as uncomfortable, "This is it..."
  I stared at the building then I turned my head to look at Tony who looked very overwrought. Wait, was Tony nervous about this? What's the worse that could happen? Should I be anxious, too? I wondered while scenarios played in my head. "Well... this is going to go great," I murmured.