Getting Back at Tony

It was day three and, so far, Tony was pretty cool. We hadn't done much or gone anywhere besides the car dealership, so it was mostly quiet the whole day. When I woke up, I changed my clothes from my pj's, then sat on my bed and glanced down at my phone. I was just scrolling through different social medias to wake myself up more before starting my day.
  "Hey, Sam! I have something cool to show you," I heard Tony call, a hidden meaning behind his tone.
  Which got a sigh from me because that meant I had to move from the comfortable bed. However, I ignored my lazy thoughts and slapped my phone down on the bed. I crawled off of the mattress then started walking down the hall. Alas, when I turned the corner to go into the living room, I was instantly greeted by a cold sensation running down my body. Reflexes kicked in and I leaped back as if the cold could just walk right off my skin. My mouth dropped from the shock of the water, then I slowly looked down at my soaking wet clothes to see small pieces of ice on the floor near my feet. Slowly, as if the water had literally frozen me, I peered up at Tony who was bent over laughing. This caused a glare to form from my expression at his reaction - my gaze was colder than the water that had been dumped on me.
  "Haha! I told you I had a bucket of cold water," he chuckled, referring to yesterday when I was reluctant to get up.
  My scowl intensified as I stared down at my clothes to watch drops of water trickling onto the floor while I growled, "I hate you so much."
  Ignoring the daggers that I was sending him with my eyes, Tony continued to crack up, "You like that pun I added in there? 'I got something cool to show you'?"
  With a deep breath, I crossed my arms and muttered. "Just remember, you started this." Even now, I could feel my skin rise up with goosebumps from the cold. I was so going to have to get Tony back if he thought he could mess with me like that.
  "Was that a threat?!" He smirked, enjoying the little game.
  Still playful, I laughed sinisterly, "You'll jump at your own shadow when I'm finished with you."
  "Oh, okay. So, scared," Stark smiled, then turned towards his workstation.
  At first, I just watched him walk away until I heard him calling somebody while working on his little machines. I noticed that I was still wet so I rang my shirt out on the floor - knowing that Tony would have to clean it up - then I strolled to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. When I got out and dressed into dry clothes, I sat down at one of Tony's desk. Realizing this was the place he was sitting when I first walked into the building with Pepper, I scanned the area. The chair screeched as I twisted swiftly into it then pulled myself to a computer. "Hey, Jarvis..." I started, wondering if it was going to work.
  "Yes, Miss. Sam?" The program replied.
  After I got over the surprise of the computer actually answering me, I narrowed my eyebrows in thought and pondered, "Can you tell me about Tony?"
  "Of course, what do you want to know?" Jarvis questioned, helpfully.
  Allowing a smirk to decorate my face, I responded, "Oh, just... some of his fears."
  Jarvis and I talked a little bit, eventually straying from the topic of Tony. In the beginning, it was pretty weird and different talking to a computer but I quickly got used to it. When I finally decided to leave Jarvis alone, I goofed around while the hours passed. I did some more investigating of Tony's building and - admittedly - got lost a few dozen times. Although, the exploration was not only interesting and eventful but pretty helpful as well since I could finally manage my way through the halls and different floors.
  However, the hours passed quicker than I intended them to. I wasn't even paying attention to the time until I felt my stomach growl. Lunch was the only thing I had eaten all day - since I forgot about breakfast this morning - so I was pretty hungry. When I glanced over at a nearby clock in one of Tony's spare rooms, I realized that it was time for dinner.
  Obviously wanting to get food in my belly, I decided to head back near Tony's office. When I was close enough, I called out, "Hey, Tony! I've got something hot to show you," I teased, joking about the earlier incident.
  "Should I come out in my suit?" Tony cautiously called from his office area.
  "Yes!" I replied, thinking it would be cool to finally see Iron Man in person.
  Alas, when Tony strolled out of the room, he didn't have his hero suit on. Instead, he just casually asked, "What's up?"
  "I'm hungry," I complained.
  The statement caused a flash of surprise in Tony's eyes as he peered up at a nearby clock, "Oh, it's that time already... What do you want?"
  "To go out to eat," I answered because I didn't really want to help Tony cook again. Honestly, it would end up just me cooking while Stark read the directions to me. Oh, what help he can be.
  Guessing my reasoning, he smirked then nodded, "Let me go change." By the look in his eyes, I figured that he already knew where he wanted to go so I just trusted his judgment.
  Although, this brought up a question of where we were going. Would it be someplace super fancy that the billionaire would go? Now curious, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Do I need to change?"
  "You don't have to," he shrugged, which meant that I did.
  When Tony wandered off, I turned around to trek back to my bedroom. After searching through my bags, I found a dress that I thought was nice so I pulled it out and changed. It was a white dress, with a brown belt around the stomach, a small denim jacket, and some tan brown boots that had a small heel but weren't too high. I curled my hair as quickly as I could but neat enough that I was presentable. As soon as I was finished with the look that I was going for, I sauntered out of my bedroom while my shoes clicked against the tile flooring. I found Tony standing in the living room and ready to go.
  "Woah," I noticed the suit that Tony was wearing and how well it suited him. It actually surprised me because most of the time he would only throw on a shirt and some jeans. Now, he was in a denim blue suit with a white undershirt.
  Tony flashed a grin as he fixed his tie in the mirror, "You like? I don't know about this tie, though."
  So I glanced into the mirror at his outfit then shrugged, "Stripes look good."
  With a nod, Tony began to fix his hair - of course - until he figured it was absolutely perfect. Finally, Stark was ready to go so he took the lead to the elevator. I was at his heels as we slipped into the small space and watched as the doors closed in front of us. While we waited for the doors to open again, I lowered my gaze to the shiny floor underneath us as my mind began to wonder about the dinner.
  "We're not going anywhere expensive, right?" I asked, knowing that it had to be at least a little expensive with the way Tony dressed. Except, I didn't think he needed to pay a lot of money on me - the car was a different story. No parental guardian that I'd ever had spent that much money on me but Tony spent it without blinking. A part of me was grateful for that - of course - but another part of me didn't think I was worth the amount of money that he spent.
  Eventually, the elevator doors pulled apart as Tony lifted his broad shoulders in a shrug to answer me, "It doesn't matter."
  Of course, I thought it mattered and I would've argued but I didn't know what to say so I just stayed quiet. Tony marched through the lot until he stopped beside one of his fancier cars. This was one of his "normal" sports cars. The top was down on the black car which made it easier to see the luxurious, black leather seats. After pulling open the door, Tony hopped in so I followed his lead and road in shotgun.
  The car rode smoothly out of the garage and onto the street. Tony's driving was something that took some getting used to. He drove past the speed limit which wasn't that bad but his turns were pretty sharp as well. Since he road in a metal suit all the time, I didn't blame him too much for the careless driving. However, I noticed that he was even restraining himself because I was in the car. This was good for me but that meant he drove even crazier all of the time.
  Since the ride was quiet, this got me thinking a lot more so I wanted to start a conversation, "What's being Iron Man like?"
  Fortunately, Tony didn't take his eyes off the road, "Uh, well... It's fun at times. Although, I do consider it my job so it is technically 'work'."
  After narrowing my eyebrows, I wondered, "Is it stressful?"
  "Yeah, that too," Stark answered, acting nonchalant about everything.
  "What about being Tony Stark?" I continued the interrogation.
  This caught him by surprise as he peeked over at me before turning back to the road, "What do you mean?"
  As a reply, I shrugged then inquired, "What's it like?"
  The man let out a scoff but replied, "Well, there are many sides of it. One side is being the billionaire playboy. Always have to keep up that facade. And then there's being the genius - the brain and brawn."
  Ignoring his arrogant tone, I questioned, "And which one is more appealing to you?"
  So he gazed back over at me again when he realized that I was basically analyzing him, "How about the responsible boyfriend role that has to take care of my girlfriend's niece?"
  A smirk tugged at the corners of my lips, "Responsible?"
  "I see you're still intact," a wry smile decorated his expression.
  With a shrug, I dropped the subject, "Fair enough."
  Finally, we drove into the parking lot of the restaurant. The two of us stepped out of the exorbitant vehicle and continued inside the restaurant. At his heels, I followed Tony inside where he ordered a table for two from the front desk.
  The employee there took their time to grab some menus so I took my time as I glanced around at the busy restaurant. Looking at the waiter's and waitress's uniforms, it was easy to tell who worked at the restaurant because they seemed like they were all in sync. Due to it being so dark outside, it was good that the lights hanging above the tables were dim enough not to blind anyone. The chairs and tables were a smooth, chocolate wood and the decor was elegant with a few paintings on the wall.
  Snapping me from my daze, Tony walked in front of me as he followed the waiter that was taking us to our table. I followed after Tony to a small table with a white tablecloth protecting the wood and a single candle in the middle. We both sat down and the waiter handed us a menu, telling us our waitress would be here soon to take our orders. So I opened the menu and my gaze drifted to the prices, then cringed.
  "Uh, Tony-," I started.
  "Yeah, I'll just have a water," Tony answered. The waitress came and asked for what kind of drink we wanted, right as I was trying to talk to him. I decided to let it go for now and told the lady what I wanted to drink - which was just some soft drink. It was quiet as the waitress left, and we looked at the menu again. When the waitress came back to give us our drinks, I decided to ignore the prices for now as we ordered the food. I got some fancy salmon, and Tony ordered lamb chops. We talked about school and Tony's job, but other than that, it was pretty quiet as we finished our last meal for the night.
  "Thanks," Tony smiled at the waitress as she brought the checkbook. He slipped his credit card into the book to pay.
  After I glanced around the restaurant one more time, I turned my attention to Stark, "Hey, Tony. Can I see the checkbook?"
  With an exasperated sigh, he ordered, "Stop worrying about the price."
  So I promised, "I won't look at the price! I just wanna see the checkbook."
  Tony sighed then rolled his eyes, doubtfully, but reluctantly slid the book toward me.
  This got a smirk from me as I picked the checkbook up, sat it upright against the table, and opened it. I looked at the receipt but my fingers slipped to his credit card. Mischievously, I slid the card out then dropped it to my lap without Tony noticing before closing the book back up. I left it sitting on my side of the table then I covered the credit card with my hands, "I have to go pee," I stated bluntly, then stood up. I paced toward the front of the building where the bathrooms were but the front desk where the waiter took us to a table was in the front too.
  "Excuse me," I smiled politely at the waiter standing behind the register. I held out the card, "I would like to pay for that woman's meal, the one sitting beside us."
  "Yes ma'am," the waiter nodded then took the card before swiping it through the machine and handing it back to me after pressing a few buttons.
  Once I nodded him a thanks, then I scurried past some tables back to where Tony was sitting. I glanced at the table that Tony was at and noticed that he was - fortunately - doing something with his phone and totally distracted. Honestly, it surprised me because my boots were pretty loud and I expected him to notice me. I strolled up to the table that was beside us and looked at the older woman that sat there.
  As a confident but kind smile erupted on my expression, I explained, "Mr. Tony Stark paid for your meal. He says to call him, but he's very shy about it," I winked then continued, "But he's a busy man so keep trying and I'm sure he'll get back to you." Finally, I turned around and sauntered away from the woman's shocked expression.
  Calmly, I slid into the seat in front of Tony then picked up the checkbook that was still on my side and slipped the card back in. Afterwards, I dragged the checkbook back to the edge of the table so the waitress could take it.
  When the waitress brought the checkbook back, Tony grabbed his card and stood up. I got up too and prepared to leave. As Tony turned around to head out, the older woman smiled and waved at him, discreetly. Tony, instinctively, waved back at the woman then awkwardly started walking out of the restaurant. I bit my lip - laughing on the inside - then jogged out of the building and back to the car.