Eighteen

"Dan, I-"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" PJ burst through the door with a battle cry, dripping wet and completely naked. He was brandishing an empty bubble bath bottle filled with soapy water and he charged towards us, pushing aside the laptop and squirting Phil in the face with a whoop.

Chris followed seconds later (limping slightly) with the shower head – water spraying the whole room. Phil was trying to say something but their yells drowned him out. I tried to fight my way through the waves to Phil's side but he just shook his head and mouthed 'later' with a laugh.

Before I could respond, Chris's skinny arms wrapped themselves around my neck as he jumped onto my back. I yelled, trying to wriggle my way out of his damp, slippery grasp; but I was shamed into submission when my elbow glanced off his ribs and he let out a low gasp of pain.

PJ had taken Phil with much less of a struggle and was now straddling him triumphantly, pointing the still pouring shower head into Phil's face as he tried to block it with his arms.

"Can you two please put some clothes on." I groaned, shielding my eyes.

Chris laughed as he let go of my neck, collapsing with a huff and a wince onto the bed. "What's the matter Dan, is it getting a little too hot in here for you?"

Phil sniggered from under PJ, finally giving into the soaking and spreading his arms wide and turning his face to the shower. "Dan is very easily excited."

Chris and PJ both joined in the laughter, bouncing up and down in the deluge.

I threw a sodden pillow at Phil's head. "I don't know why you're laughing; you're the ones who have to sleep in these beds tonight."

"Nah, we're all coming to your house!" PJ winked, spraying me with the shower before focusing it back on Phil's face.

"What?!" I spluttered, blinking the hot water out of my eyes.

"Yeah, we've decided we're not safe here so we're all going to yours for the weekend, Phil says your pad is pretty big." Chris grinned up at me, and I turned to glare at Phil.

His expression was sheepish as he struggled to sit up, finally upturning PJ on to the pillows.

"It was just a suggestion... at least until some of this has died down? I mean we can easily just go home it just means we'll have to miss college and-"

"No it's okay..." I sighed. "I guess."

Phil beamed, his smile enough to positively knock me off the bed.

"I'll have to ask my parents first though," I warned.

"Yeah of course!" he grinned happily.

I rolled my eyes, turning to survey the damage. "You know you could have just asked, you didn't need to launch a naked fucking tsunami into your bedroom..."

*

I skimmed absentmindedly through my paper until I heard the soft thud of the book closing and felt two warm arms wrap around my waist. Phil's dark hair was still damp from the shower and it brushed my jaw as he laid his head on my shoulder.

I smiled. My mum had just been so relieved that I'd found some less 'dangerous looking' friends that she hadn't even noticed when we'd only taken the one mattress for Chris and PJ.

I buried a soft kiss in Phil's hair and Chris stirred on the floor.

"What are you two doing up there? Because PJ and I were going to have sex but we thought that might be rude. But hey, if you're doing it then we'll join in!"