Chapter 19

"Your ankle should be healed in about a week. Your arm about two weeks, and the fractured rib may take three weeks to four," The doctor said, handing Lauren a clipboard. "I'd like you to stop by for a check up on your ankle on Tuesday."

Lauren nodded, not saying anything as she signed the discharge papers. The doctor smiled at Lauren, getting a wheel chair. Camila stood on the other side of the bed, silently listening. The doctor had already explained when and how much medication Lauren needs to take.

"Have a good day." The doctor said, then walking out.

"You ready?" Camila asked, and Lauren nodded. Camila rounded the bed, helping Lauren into the wheelchair.

Camila pushed the wheelchair out of the hospital room. When she reached the elevator, she pressed the first floor button, it opening and letting them in.

"Dinah's waiting outside in the front," Camila told Lauren. "She's gonna drive us back to my apartment."

"Okay." Lauren mumbled, nodding as she stared down at the ground. She had gotten a blue cast on her left arm.

"Hey," Camila looked down at Lauren. "You okay?" The elevator doors came to an open, and Camila pushed Lauren.

"Yeah - I'm fine." Lauren muttered, and Camila softly sighed. The doctor had also gave Lauren the wheelchair, expecting it to be back once Lauren had healed.

Dinah was standing outside, leaning on the car as she waited for the two. When Dinah saw them, she opened the passenger seat. Dinah and Camila helped Lauren into the seat, Dinah strapping her in as Camila put the wheelchair in the backseat. Camila got into the other side of the back, not wanting Lauren to be alone.

Dinah got into the car and began to drive. Camila looked at Lauren, who was staring out the window. Camila sighed, but then smiled when she felt Lauren's hand grab hers.

---

Camila and Lauren were in the elevator, Lauren still in the wheelchair. Camila glanced down at Lauren, feeling nervous about her next question;

"Hey Lo?" Camila hesitantly began.

"Yeah?" Lauren softly murmured, looking up at Camila with a small smile.

"I was wondering if you uh - uh, would like to move in with m-me?" Camila managed to squeak out, nervousness obvious in her voice.

Lauren's heart leaped at the question, "Ye - yeah. I would love to." Lauren grinned, feeling happy for the first time since the accident.

Though, she was thrilled to see Camila and that she was alive, moving in with Camila seemed to top all of that.

"Seriously?" Camila blurted out, a wide smile spreading over her face.

"Yeah." Lauren giggled a bit.

"I - okay," the elevator doors opened, and Camila pushed Lauren out. "Once you've healed, we can start moving your things in. And I'll go and get some of your clothes once we get settled in."

Lauren nodded, silently giggling at Camila'a excitement. When they reached Camila's apartment, Camila unlocked the door, pushing Lauren inside.

"My bedroom or the living room?" Camila asked.

"Your bedroom," Lauren answered, and Camila nodded. Camila helped Lauren up to her bed, getting adjusted. "Thank you,"

Camila nodded, a smile still on her face, "I'll be back, okay? Ten minutes top. I'm just gonna go get the basics,"

Lauren nodded, "Okay."

Lauren was sound asleep, her arms wrapped around Camila's stomach as her head laid on her shoulder. Camila was scrolling through her phone with her right hand, her left one resting on Lauren. She locked her phone and put it on the nightstand next to her.

Camila was thrilled. Lauren was gonna be moving in with her, living with her. That's a big step in their relationship. She had informed Dinah over text message, who spammed her with random letters and congratulating her. Dinah wanted to call, but Camila had told her that Lauren was asleep and was practically attached to her.

Camila smiled, looking down at Lauren. She brushed a strand of Lauren's hair behind her ear. Camila couldn't deny that she was in love with the green-eyed girl. When Lauren smiles, Camila smiles. When Lauren laughs, Camila laughs. The simplest of things that Lauren does make Camila's heart flutter.

And then Camila's mind trailed off to the accident, causing her to frown. Camila was driving, and she felt like it was her fault. But it wasn't, Camila told herself, it was the drunk driver's fault. But still, Lauren got hurt while Camila was driving.

"It's not your fault,"

Camila looked away from the wall and looking down at Lauren, who stared up at her.

"How did you know I was thinking about that?" Camila softly asked.

"I know that look," Lauren said, her tone just as soft. "It's the look I had when my mom died, and when my dad left. I thought it was my fault."

"But it's not your fault," Camila said.

"And it's not your fault for the accident," Lauren murmured, "Help me sit up?"

Camila nodded as Lauren untangled herself from her. Camila then helped Lauren sit up, carefully and slowly.

"I know that, I'm telling myself that," Camila said. "But it's not working. My mind keeps telling me it is. Because you're hurt, and I feel like I caused that."

Lauren shook her head, "Camz, I'm fine, okay? Yes, I may have some broken things, but I'm not dead, okay? And that's all that matters."

Camila nodded, "I love you."

Lauren smiled, "I love you," she whispered. "Can you kiss me now?"

Camila laughed, pressing her lips onto Lauren's. Lauren kissed back, feeling her heart fluttered. With every kiss Camila gives her, the more Lauren can feel herself falling in love with Camila.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Camila whispered against Lauren's lips. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you.."

"Sh," Lauren whispered back. "Let's not think about that, okay? I'm fine."

Camila nodded, eyes closed. Lauren was fine, and that's all that matters.

--/

heyyo

not edited.

-gracie