Beginning to Breaking Down

Começar do início

I could feel Kyle cold gaze on me, but ignored his silent command for me to take control from Leon.

"Alpha, what does he______?"

Instead of answering, Kyle waved a dismissive hand and the warriors melted back into the woods.

"You stupid big mouthed slut! Fine then, keep that pathetic mongrel you want so much because she's the only happiness I'm ever  going to let you have as long as we're mated."

Leon continued to stare at him, before allowing me to shift into my human form and immediately all of my courage faded away.

"Why do you hate me so much?! I was chosen for you by the Moon Goddess too, Kyle . . . why did you choose my brother over me?! Why couldn't you take the chance to love me too?!"

"You really are a pathetic slut, aren't you? You want to know the truth, fine . . . from the beginning I was disgusted by how weak you were, clinging to Joel like it was his duty to protect you  . . . how could someone as useless as you ever entice me to love them? Even now after I tried to kill you and that mongrel you're probably still ready to drop to your knees and beg me to stay with you, aren't you? That's why I cast you aside,  because I knew that you would never, ever be your brother."

"And what about our baby? Will you take your hatred for me out on her?"

Kyle laughed,  shaking his head.

"You're really dumber than everyone gives you credit for . . . I don't hate you, because you and that mongrel mean nothing to me."

He started walking away and I grabbed his wrist, turning him around to face me.

"You're wrong."

"What?"

"This pup is your baby, whether you claim her or not . .   don't ever call our pup a mongrel again. And no, I may love you, but I will never lower myself to beg you for anything."

A smirk crossed Kyle's lips, making me doubt my own words, but instead of replying, Kyle caught one of my hands and pulled me along behind him.

"The Alpha is leaving today and we have to be there."

"You want to be there to watch your dad be taken away?"

"Your mother  will be there . . .  I want you to go to her and tell her what I did to you . . .  I want to enjoy seeing your face when you realize that she won't protect you because she believes you deserve whatever I do to you."

"She'll help me because she . . .  she loves me."

Kyle laughed at how uncertain I sounded and I swallowed, forcing myself to put more passion into it.

"She won't turn her back on me, no matter what."

"She forgets that you exist any time Joel gets hurt, do you think she'll suddenly remember that she has another son just because you tell her that I choked you while you were holding your worthless mongrel in your arms, that I  pointed a gun at her unwanted grandchild? She blames you for the loss of her precious son's unborn baby if you go to her and tell her what happened, I think she'll want to know why you didn't lay that mongrel you're so persistent on protecting at my  feet and let me end its life as atonement for the pain your exsistance has caused everyone around you."      

"Then kill me."

"No."

"Why? You hate me enough, don't you?  Why would you give up this chance?"

"Because if I killed you, I would lose the chance to watch you fall apart and that's more satisfying to me."

I  stared at him in shock, as his words slowly sank in.