Perfect: Chapter Thirty-Six

Recap-

           “None of it would have happened if I hadn’t been such a dick at the rehearsal dinner!” I argued, “I had the wrong impression! I thought she was getting rid of my baby, and I love her so much that it hurt me so bad to hear that!” I explained.

            Aden patted on my back, “Son, I would have done the same.”

            The tight grip of guilt that had been holding onto my heard finally loosened a bit, but I still felt the guilt. However, it felt nice to know that he didn't hate me. “I love her, and now she will hate me forever. She’ll blame me!” I spat.

            He shook his head, “It will take her a while to get over this, but she won’t blame you Beau. This isn’t your fault, son.” He argued.

            After a long while of talking and getting ambushed by Emma’s father’s curious questions about our relationship, he stood from his chair. “I am going home since she doesn’t want to see anyone. If you want, I’ll give you a ride and pick you back up in the morning to come back.” He said.

            I shook my head while shifting my body in the chair to get comfortable. “I’m not leaving her. You go ahead.”

            I didn't really know what I was doing, but there wasn’t a part of me that was leaving Emma in this hospital alone. Plus, I knew if I went home I wouldn’t sleep so I might as well just stay just in case she changes her mind. She might not need me in there with her, but I needed to be close to her. Even if I wasn’t allowed in her room.

Chapter Thirty Six

Beau

            For the tenth time tonight I shifted in the hard chair in the waiting room just waiting for something to happen. However, as I glanced down to my watch I realized I had been sitting here for over four hours. I had to get up and do something or I would really be stiff in the morning. I quickly pushed myself up from the chair and paced the room for a moment while still trying to figure out why she didn't want to see me. I mean, I know what I had done was wrong but…Did she really not want me in there? I took a deep breath, and poked my head out of the waiting room. The halls were dim, and there were no nurses walking around like there had been earlier.  After a second of scoping the hall out, I let out the deep breath that I had been holding and stepped out of the waiting room and into the dark hall.

            I had to see her.

            Slowly, I began walking down the hall towards her room but as I approached her room I started feeling completely nervous and jittery. This is wrong, if she wanted to see me she would. But hell! My heart pounded against my chest as I paced in front of the slightly ajared door while fighting the mental battle that was going on in my mind. I didn't want to make anything worse, but how could I not? I had to see her, I mean it was practically killing me.