x- ten

Before I knew it, Tuesday morning had rolled around and I was preparing to go and meet Niall in Embankment. Things had been better the last few days. I'd been happier and more able to focus on everyday life. It was easier to push the guilt from my mind and try to move forward.

Louis was still camping out at my apartment and he was slowly learning the rules of social etiquette. Slowly. But he was getting there, and it was kind of nice to have him around to keep me company.

So Tuesday morning had come and I felt happier. I left the little London apartment with book in hand and a spring in my step, taking the short walk to the tube station. I took the time to make sure I looked at each and every coloured thing I could see, which was everything at the moment, but I knew that might change soon. I was slowly becoming okay with the fact that I was doing a good thing for Niall, and that even if he hated me for a time when he found out, he would eventually thank me in the long run.

On the tube to Embankment, I wondered if Niall thought I was strange. He blushed and stammered every time he saw me so he evidently liked me a little. That was a start, but he still had no idea who I was.

I found myself worrying about the fact that he had so easily put his trust in me. I knew I was a god guy, but I also knew that not everyone was. He didn't officially know I was a good guy yet, and he trusted me enormously. It made me fidget and try to push the stressful thoughts from my mind by counting the lights we rushed passed in the tunnel.

When I got to Embankment I walked promptly to the park, not paying nearly as much attention to everything as I had done on my earlier walk. I sat myself at a bench and fidgeted with my frayed bookmark that was hanging out of the pages. As hard as I tried, I could feel the stress and sadness seeping back in.

That's when I saw Niall approaching from the little coffee shop across the road. He came along the path towards me and I smiled at him. It was only half genuine.

"Niall." I greeted.

"Harry." He said at the same time.

We laughed together, our laughs mingling and dancing through the air in an odd sort of pleasurable harmony.

Niall blushed. He did that a lot.

"You came." He whispered, and I didn't think he intended me to actually hear him, even though it was directed at me. He was so endearing.

"Of course I came, Niall." I said, meaning it.

It was worth it because his answering smile was radiant, stretching across his whole face, making me feel warm. But only for a split second, as in that moment of staring at his lips, the pink tones began to vanish, only to be replaced with that dull grey that matched his eyes.

A.N

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! School was so hectic but I'm on break so hopefully I can update regularly again. Love you all!

Jay xx