ix- confrontation

The day's passes ever so slowly now. Just ticking by, as if I was watching the clock count every second. I didn't do much anymore. I went to work, came home from work, ate, slept, waited, repeat.

I didn't see friends anymore, didn't really talk to anyone apart from Louis, since he basically lived with me, and occasionally customers at work.

Life was boring. It felt like I was being dragged along over and over against my will. So I stopped.

Despite Louis' protests, I grabbed my favourite book off the coffee table, shoved my wallet into my pocket and left the apartment.

The weather seemed to be on my side, the clouds barely-there and the sun mostly shining. The familiar chill was still in the wind, though the sun on my back made up for it, slowly but surely melting away weeks of cold.

When I reached my destination, a small park near my apartment, I found a bench to sit at. There, I opened my book and tried to rid myself of every other thought, engrossing myself in the tangled love story of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.

But, just like Louis said, the more I stay away from him, the more he will turn up.

There he was, walking across the grass back towards the small cafe near the bench I was sitting on.

He saw me and stopped, looking me over for a moment, as if he had to figure out if it was actually me or not.

"Niall Horan." I greeted him, unable to resist the beautiful, grey eyed boy before me, even though I was supposed to be taking a break from everything.

He seemed to be snapped back to consciousness at my words, and he looked up, a light blush dusting his pale cheeks.

"Hello Harry." He replied in a shy, shaky voice, playing with his fingers nervously.

I patted the space beside me, sliding my bookmark between the pages of my book as he sat down.

"I keep meeting you." I noted, more to myself, than to him. He evidently heard, as he nodded in an awkward, adorable way, making me chuckle and smirk at his cuteness.

"W-what are you reading?" He asked, still shy.

"Pride and Prejudice." I told him, and he looked surprised by my answer. He probably wasn't much of a reader.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded, taking the book in my hands and showing him the scuffed cover and title.

"Have you read it?" I asked, only to make conversation and to prolong the limited time we spent together. It was nice not to have each and every word planned out before seeing him for once.

"I- I don't really read much," he said, confirming my suspicions, "but, I have read this one for my class at uni."

"I like it." I said, nodding, tapping the cover with my fingertips and brushing the scuffed corners with my thumb. "The mind of Elizabeth Bennet is fascinating."

He pulled a face at my words, though looked like he was opting to keep quiet.

"You don't agree?" I quizzed, interested in his point of view on the subject. I never really got to talk to anyone about literature, and it was nice.

"Well," he started, "at times, Elizabeth is a stubborn character. It's like she can't figure out what she wants, so she becomes spiteful." He explained, finally looking up to meet my eyes.

I couldn't help but be consumed by the grey orbs, wondering what it would've been like to look into them when they were still bright blue.

I frowned, I was going back to where I didn't want to be. I shook my head slightly to snap out of it, trying to come back to the conversation.

"You're right, but we all have our flaws. Mr Darcy doesn't exactly make himself very easy to like." I countered and he nodded, mulling it over.

"I agree," he replied, "he has flaws too I guess."

We fell silent then, and I was back in my thoughts. I decided to voice them and see where it would lead.

"I like you, Niall Horan. You're nice, genuine even." I told him and a violent blush took over his cheeks.

"I like you too." He offered quietly, cheeks still flaming and eyes downcast.

"Let's talk again." I decided suddenly. Louis would probably be so mad at me for this, but I didn't care.

"Here on Tuesday at ten."

"Alright." He agreed, still blushing and looking like he was trying to suppress a grin of delight. I stood up, book in hand.

"See you then Niall Horan." I said before walking away, but not before I caught the small "Goodbye Harry." from Niall.

yoooo it's been ages I'm sorry!!

these chapters literally take ten years to write bc I have to copy out the speech word for word ugh

btw I have a new narry fic out called 'August Sky' if you'd like to take a look, it would be much appreciated.

it's quite dark, but I hope you'll like it!

love you guys

vote and comment!

jay xxx