Chapter Seven.

* Louise's POV *

She picked up her phone, which had rung at least a thousand times at the most, and answered it with an out of breath, ' hello? ', because she'd be running around trying to find it.

"Please, Lou, I need you too meet me at the coffee shop, there are some things I need to explain to you. Please."

She growled at the voice on the other side of the phone, and sighed.

"I thought we were clear. I would stay on my side of -"

"THAT WASN'T ME WHO SENT THAT TO YOU! THAT WAS PHIL!"

She grew silent. It hadn't been Dan who wanted her pushed away? It was Phil? Phil? She'd been in mental pain, physically abusing herself in the process, all because of a text that she thought Dan had sent, and meant he hated her, and it was from Phil? She broke down, she began crying, she began blubbering apologizes, and couldn't stop. Until she did.

He could always be lying.

"How do I know your telling the truth?"

"Lou, I would never lie to you, I promise you that."

"Just like you promised never to leave me, and then abandoned me?"

She heard how prolonged the silence on the other side of the phone, and she swore she heard a sniffle. Was he crying? Had she made him cry? He may have been rude, ignored her, and left her too think that he hated her. But she still cared about him. It was stupid, but she could never stop caring about him. 

"Dan, please don't cry. Okay, okay, I'll meet you at the coffee shop, I'll be there in a few minutes. See you soon . . . chum." 

It pained her to say that, but it was one of the many nicknames she had established for him over the years, and she could almost hear him smiling over the phone.

"Yeah, yeah good. I'll be there too Lou, see you soon. I love you."

She bit her lip, opening her mouth to repeat those three words, when she hung up. She couldn't say it back, she just couldn't. It would feel so wrong to her to say it after all that has been going on, and even though she knew she'd probably have meant it, she would've convinced herself that she hadn't.

She collected what she needed for a quick trip out, her phone, purse, and a couple of pounds. And soon, she was out the door, down the stairs, and out on the streets. The shop wasn't that far from her home, and she was there in almost no time at all, taking a deep breath, reveling in what was about to happen. This would be the first time in a long time that she and Dan had seen each other, and both knew about it. And suddenly, she felt nervous, nothing like her usual self. She didn't feel bubbly, bright, or bouncy. She felt insecure, broken, and like breaking down.

And the moment he walked through the door, she almost did. He was looking around frantically, as if though he hadn't believed her on the phone that she would come, but the moment his eyes landed on her, tears filled them up, and he began running. He wrapped his arms around her chubby figure, and began to cry into her. And Louise couldn't help it, she cried into him as well. Good thing she'd decided not to wear any makeup today.

"Lou, I missed you so much, you have no idea." 

He eventually backed off, wiping at his eyes with the back of his hands, sniffling loudly. 

"I'll go get the coffee's, mint, right?"

She nodded, smiling softly that he had remembered, not like it was so difficult too, or it was the weirdest flavor they had, but it was still nice to know that he hadn't forgotten. She went to go and find them a seat, taking one in the corner, since she knew that's what he liked. She drummed her fingers against the table top, and waited, nervous butterflies in her stomach. She couldn't believe she was doing this, but she guessed it was about time they did. They'd been acting like children ignoring each other this entire time, and especially with her screaming at him like that, she was the most childish out of the both of them. When she saw him return with the drinks, she smiled and took it, taking a small sip before looking at him again.