Chapter 28: France planing

A/n you guys are great and deserve updates so here it is. You guys are the best!
-----

I go out to lunch with my friends that I want to take to France. After I had told Gage I had called my dad back to go over the details, we would be gone for a week and 3 days. We would only miss 5 days of school.

We get a table, well, two put together. The tables are rectangles with blue designs over a cherry wood top. Once we sit down I tell them all about France.

"You'll have to ask your parents but we are leaving tomorrow morning , so be at my house at 7:30 my dad will be paying for 3 Ubers for us they will leave at 45 after 7 so please don't be late."

Everyone's quiet for about five minutes, until Summer goes to call her mom. Everyone but Autumn and I leaves to call their parents.

I walk to the bathroom with Autumn because she has to go and doesn't like going alone. While she does whatever she has to do I sit on the sinks counter swinging my legs.

I look at my outfit which is made up of light wash skinny jeans, gray skater shoes, a denim SnapBack, a black football jersey, and a gray and sea foam green zip up hoodie.

I wonder if this extravagant plan to have ten friends go will work. I mean who knows but seriously how many parents would actually let their kids go, to France, without them, but instead with a friend and her dad, sure he's a successful business owner and football player but still.

"Are you okay in there?"

"I forgot something"

Knowing what she means I grab it out of my bag and throw it over the door. "You are a lifesaver."

"Don't mention it"

I place my butt back onto the counter top and start to twiddle my thumbs with the nails painted a violet color, and it chipping slightly on the tips of the nail.

The black door to the bathroom stall opens and out walks Autumn. I slide off of the countertop and land gracefully onto my feet, but bouncing a little bit because of the impact.

"Everything all good?" I ask.

"Yeah, thanks" Autumn says.

Autumn washes her hands in the sink and then fixes her ponytail that's holding her wavy, blue hair back and out of her blue eyes. Once she's pleases with how her hair looks she turns to me. I pull open the door to the restroom, hold it open for her, and then walk out behind her.

We get back to the table and everyone is back already. We sit and then gage starts talking.

"Everyone is able to go, as long as autumn's mom comes. That was the requirement. She the parent every parent trusts." Everyone nods at the same time.

"I can arrange that. You guys better go pack your bags because we are going to France!" I say.

Everyone cheers and one by one they all hug me and head out the door.Gage is the last one and then after he hugs me he sits in the chair next to me.

"It's later.'' he says.

"It is" I say knowing this, but also being at a loss for words,and having an large amount of butterflies that decided to play in my stomach.

"How do you want to do this?" he asks.

"Can we take it slow? I mean I know I kissed you already so that ship has sailed but can we take the rest slow?" I ask.

"yes , but I do have a question first," he says,

I already know where this is going and it makes the butterflies multiply. 'Will you, be this football players girlfriend?"

" I would love to." I say.

Gage stands up and I do too. Gage pulls me to him and gives me a big, warm, hug. I hug him back and then we let go of each other. Gage grabs my hand.

"I have to go pay." I say, rising an eyebrow at him.

"Well then, it looks like I'm coming too." He says with a laugh.

I walk up to the counter and sit down while I wait for the waitress. She comes to where I'm seated.

"Hey, you're Delilah? Right?"

"Yeah, I am."

"That's so cool, you are an awesome Football player!"

"Thanks. But I need to pay for the meals served at those two tables."

"Oh yeah, okay hold on I'll go and get the bill."

She takes about five minutes to get it.

"I gave you my employee discount just so you know. It comes out to be $75.00 with the discount."

"Thank you." I hand her my credit card and she swipes it. She presses a few more buttons and scans the barcode on the bill. The Machine makes a few loud noises and out comes a thing for me to sign along with my receipt.

"You have a good day." she says, as I stand up.

"You too." I say turning around and walking out of the restaurant holding Gage's hand.

Gage start swinging our hands back and forth. They go higher and higher. Until they go higher then my head. Gage spins me under our arms and I laugh.

I rode to the restaurant with the Gage and we are walking until he says "I'll race you!"

"From where?" I ask.

"That crack in the pavement." He says.

"Okay," I walk to the line and so does Gage. "3....2...1.. Go!" We both leave at the same time but of course my knee starts to act up, I stop and grab the brace out of my purse. I put it on my knee.

"It hurts again?" Gage asks.

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"I got it." I look at him and he squats down to the ground.

"Well are you getting On my back or not?"

I walk up to him and hop onto his back.

"Thanks." I say.